Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

DFM -Snapmirror alert

saranraj456

Hi Frndz,

I would like have the DFM alert for Snapmirror break,abort or problem in DR end.I have created the alarm in DFM but it is not registering the alert in DFM server .?

What could be the problem..?

Thanks ,Saran

5 REPLIES 5

adaikkap

Except for snapmirror lag error and warning events other events for snapmirror are not generated if they are not managed in dfm via Protection Manager or Disaster Recovery Mgr.

Regards

adai

saranraj456

what is this lag error and warning events about ? i am not getting any of the alerts related to snapmirror except snapmiror undeleted & discovered

The actual requirement is to manage the DR site by ours & customer will take care of Production.Is it possible to configure a alert in DFM for snapmirror in order to find out any issues (like network connectivity prob..etc) in either prod or DR site ?

Thanks

Saran

adaikkap

In order for snapmirror relationship to be discovered, both the source and destination filer of snapmirror  should be monitored in the same dfm server. Is that done in your case ? If its not that explains why you see undeleted and discovered events.

Regards

adai

saranraj456

Yes ,both the source and dest are under the same DFM server. but why i am not getting alerts for abort ,break & failure ?

Thanks,Saran

adaikkap

In case of Snapmirror, we generate all those events only if the relationship is manged in DFM. Otherwise only lag error and warning messages are generated.

Pls look for 206891 in bugs online soon.

Regards

adai

Public