Active IQ and AutoSupport Discussions

FCP partner path Misconfigured error

rolandabad

Hello,

Everyrime I check the autosupport of my storage I noticed the error about FCP but the storage works normally and no other issues encountered. Can someone give me idea on this or work around

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

aborzenkov

Some hosts are accessing LUNs via non-optimal path (path to partner head). While it may seem to not have immediate impact, it means that

- There are some performance implications because all requests go via NVRAM/cluster interconnect

- There may be high-availability implications; may be this is the only remaining path so losing it means completely losing access to data

The reasons vary from misconfigured host to faulty hardware; if you are not sure how to approach it open support case with NetApp, they will guide you.

bsh_suzhouyu

I am sure your server dosen't install DSM software. your have two choise to solve the problem:

1)you have to install the DSM for whatever version windows

2)if your OS is up to windows 2008 and installed the MPIO with native DSM, you have to enable the ALUA of the igroup.

rolandabad

Hello,

The thing is the server is linux and unix (RHEL, and HP Unix). How about the tools for unix system

mitchells

There is an article on NOW that talks about this message https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=3010111

Public