Active IQ and AutoSupport Discussions

Upgrade from ONTAP 7.3.x to 8.x

ralfaro01zero

Hi everybody,

I'm looking for a best practices guide to migrate from data ONTAP 7.3.x to 8.x, I've made several upgrades between different ONTAP 7.x versions but never from 7 to 8.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers.

Ricardo.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

scottgelb

A good start is upgrade adviser in My AutoSupport.  It does a good job of all the steps to upgrade between ONTAP versions.  Run the report with revert steps and post any follow up questions.  The upgrade is very similar between 7.x upgrades which is really nice since 8.x is a completely new code base and the 7.3 to 8.x upgrade can be done NDU in most cases.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

scottgelb

A good start is upgrade adviser in My AutoSupport.  It does a good job of all the steps to upgrade between ONTAP versions.  Run the report with revert steps and post any follow up questions.  The upgrade is very similar between 7.x upgrades which is really nice since 8.x is a completely new code base and the 7.3 to 8.x upgrade can be done NDU in most cases.

pascalduk

You can also read the release note of Ontap 8. It will give you an overview all the new/changed features/commands and requirements/limitations.

ralfaro01zero

Thank you very much guys.

Cheers.

Public