Additional Virtualization Discussions

Virtual Iron server virtualization on NetApp storage

justinloucks

I was wondering if anyone else out there is runnig Virtual Iron for their server virtualization platform using NetApp storage over iSCSI. We have it in-house and it works great, just looking for others that have it since the marketing fluff, best practices and studies don't exist for it like VMWare and Citrix XenServer.

2 REPLIES 2

stisidore

Hi Justin-

I actually work for Virtual Iron and cut my teeth in storage with NetApp. We're excited to see more NetApp users deploying Virtual Iron with FAS series. I'm an SE (so no sales pitch) so is there anything I can do to help besides find you more NetApp brethren using VI?

justinloucks

Hi Todd,

it's great to see someone from Virtual Iron on here. We've been using your product in-house since version 3.5 was released with iSCSI support a year or so ago. We've been a NetApp customer for about 6 years or so and doing iSCSI SAN boot of server for about 3 or 4 years now.

Hopefully we can find some others using it and/or help others looking at server virtualization get introduced to it. We have been running things in production with it for almost a year now and have about 40 Virtual Servers running on version 4.3.8.6 right now. We're getting ready to upgrade / redeploy our Citrix farm onto it so keep in-touch...

Thanks,

Justin

Public