My AutoSupport Quarterly Newsletter - Issue 3, Oct 2011

by Frequent Contributor on ‎2011-10-31 09:25 PM

User Experience

Over the last year, many of you have asked us - What are you doing to make My AutoSupport more easy to use and more relevant to the set of systems we manage?

We are in the early stages of looking at simplifying the UI (User Interface) with a goal of delivering a better user experience and relevance. The following mockup summarizes one of our initial thoughts for a more context sensitive dashboard. This is not how the final look and feel may be and will definitely take multiple releases to get there; however, this does reflect our thoughts based on feedback we have been receiving from the user community around more ease of use and context sensitivity.

You feedback matters most.

We will reach out to you to get feedback early on in the development lifecycle again. However, treat this as the first opportunity to take a sneak peek into our initial thoughts based on what users are saying. We encourage you to provide comments - What would you like to see change from user experience and personalization perspectives?

We look forward to hearing from you!

<Click image below to enlarge>

Product Update: My AutoSupport 2.0

My AutoSupport 2.0 continues Support Automation innovation by releasing a significant reporting improvement which allows users to download the configuration information fromthe aggregate view. The UI has been enhanced to link to NetApp Support site and NetApp Community page for engagement with broader user community and faster issue resolution. Users can now rate modules within the application and view Customer Fitness Bulletins.

Please continue to send us your feedback on what you like (or dislike) about the format and content of this newsletter. If you want us to talk about any specific topic in future issues of this newsletter, let us know.

We look forward to hearing back from you…

A copy of this Newsletter is attached below for download.

Warning!

This NetApp Community is public and open website that is indexed by search engines such as Google. Participation in the NetApp Community is voluntary. All content posted on the NetApp Community is publicly viewable and available. This includes the rich text editor which is not encrypted for https.

In accordance to our Code of Conduct and Community Terms of Use DO NOT post or attach the following:

• Software files (compressed or uncompressed)
  • Files that require an End User License Agreement (EULA)
  • Confidential information
  • Personal data you do not want publicly available
  • Another’s personally identifiable information
  • Copyrighted materials without the permission of the copyright owner

Files and content that do not abide by the Community Terms of Use or Code of Conduct will be removed. Continued non-compliance may result in NetApp Community account restrictions or termination.