Active IQ and AutoSupport Discussions

Autosupport on OnTap 8.2 not working

RUANLOUWDCX

Hi

We have 1x HA pair, and 1 Single DR Filer both running 8.2 7 mode.

After the upgrade Autosupport just stopped, weve checked smtp settings, checked options, but no joy.

If we actually trigger the alert (GUI and cli) is says successful, any ideas??

5 REPLIES 5

resqme914

Check the autosupport transport protocol.  It may have been changed by the upgrade.

axsys

^ good hint!

Does the mail ever arrive on the smtp? There are several options where a recipient can be stored autosupport.support.to / autosupport.to... what's your configuration there?

If this isn't doing the trick I'd raise a ticket with netapp. might be a bug/burt... I haven't looked at ontap 8.2.7 so I'm not sure.

RUANLOUWDCX

Hi

Seems there's a bug in 8.2....great

Bug ID

StorageAddict

The patch for this bug is on ONTAP 8.2P5. Goto the Support site to download the latest version of ONTAP for your model. (I would have provided a direct link, but you didn't specify which model you have).. When you get to the download page for ONTAP 8.2, in the address bar manually type P5 after 8.2, (8.2P5) and you should be redirected to the P5 download page showing the list of bugs corrected in this patch.

Good luck!

Mark Clayton
Principal Architect, NCDA|NCIE, NetApp A-Team
Lenovo
919-522-3767 Mobile
mclayton@netapp.com
@storageaddict

RUANLOUWDCX

Found the BUG

Bug ID

Title

AutoSupport messages sent using SMTP on systems lack the required 'From:' field in the message header

Duplicate of

Bug Severity

2 - System barely usable

Bug Status

Fixed

Product

Data ONTAP

Bug Type

Autosupport

Description
Formatted

AutoSupport messages that are sent using SMTP do not have the 'From:' field in the message header. Many e-mail spam filtering products, such as Amavis, will not deliver these messages unless this field is included. This problem affects only systems running versions 8.2 and higher of Data ONTAP operating in 7-Mode and clustered Data ONTAP software. This problem does not affect AutoSupport messages that are sent using HTTP or HTTPS. 

Workaround
Formatted

If possible, configure AutoSupport to use HTTP or HTTPS for messages to NetApp. The example below is setting the transport to HTTPS. For systems operating in 7-Mode: node> options autosupport.support.transport https For clustered Data ONTAP systems: cluster::> system node autosupport modify -node * -transport https 

Notes
Formatted

Fixed-In Version

A complete list of releases where this bug is fixed is available here.

Related Bugs

Public