Subscribe

Customized view within my autosupport

Hi All,

I'am new to this 'my autosupport' and I wondered if I could create a customized view for filers that I administer.

I know you can search on customer, group, site and so on but I 'am looking for a more detailed view:

e.g.

From group 'TSI PHILIPS NL' I only want to see 3 or 4 specific filers (instead of all).

Is that possible?

And if yes, how do I arrange that?

Re: Customized view within my autosupport

The only way to accomplish this today is to create a custom group  by going to the NetApp Support site (NOW) and putting these 3-4 systems into the same group. However, if these systems are already in a group, it may not work - a system can only be in one group.

We are looking at a custom grouping functionality which will allow doing exactly what you describe in future. At this time we do not have a definitive outlook on when this will be available.

Thanks,

Sudip

Re: Customized view within my autosupport

Currently, My AutoSupport inherits the group feature of installed base available by navigating to the section below on NetApp Support site.

Home  >>  My Support  >>   Systems  >>   View Installed Systems

Once there, you can search for a system, and click the “Go” button to “Manage Product Location & Details” of a certain system.

In the next screen, click “Update Product Details” and you will get a text field to enter the group name.

You can find more details about the Group feature at http://now.netapp.com/NOW/knowledge/docs/help/groups_help.shtml

This feature is currently set at individual system level and process can be time consuming if there are several systems that need to be part of a group.

We are investigating possibilities to provide an easier & faster way to create custom group of systems in future in the manner you described within My AutoSupport.

Thanks,

Sudip