Active IQ and AutoSupport Discussions

autosupport customized system notifications

michelvankessel

Some time ago, I configured customized notifications on the ASUP site. This way I would only receive a notification in certain cases, like a system reboot, but not with a disk fail. All of the sudden, I cannot see this customized option anymore!   I could see it on the bottom, in the right corner of the node dashboard, in the My Autosupport section  Any idea?   regards Michel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sudiph

Michel,

You probably have your Preferences set to "Raw AutoSupport" and not "Dashboard".

Once you change it to Dashboard, you will be able to see the Notifications.

You can change Preferences using the link on the top banner.

Thanks,

Sudip

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

michelvankessel

I was able to discover the URL to access the site ( UID is a unique number in the NetApp Database).    http://now.netapp.com/willows/pri/asup/notification.do?sipId=UID&method=viewNotification

The option was removed in My Autosupport 2.0, as far as I can see. below is a printscreen, you can see the "Customize Notification" option.

michelvankessel

Found a presentation from My Autosupport 1.9! But where is these days?

sudiph

Michel,

You probably have your Preferences set to "Raw AutoSupport" and not "Dashboard".

Once you change it to Dashboard, you will be able to see the Notifications.

You can change Preferences using the link on the top banner.

Thanks,

Sudip

andris

I can confirm that once you change your Preferences to "Dashboard" view, the bottom bar becomes visible. I deleted my earlier posts.

michelvankessel

Hello Andris

Thanks for that! I still believe it is a bug :-). It should still show the "customize notification" bottom, even after changing this preference. Don't you agree?

regards

Michel

andris

Yes, it's a bug, but not as critical as I first thought. It will still be put on the "list".

Public