Data Backup and Recovery

ApplianceWatch 2.1.1 unable to add Controller

peterwadmin

We are in the process of installing ApplianceWatch 2.1.1 on a Microsoft SCOM 2007 R2 server (Server 2008 R2 ent x64). Management Packs are added with no problems and also the "Data ONTAP : Discovery rule" is set to be enabled for the Root management Server on which the ApplianceWatch software is installed.

When (through Monitoring, "Data ONTAP", "Storage Systems", "Diagram", "Actions", "Data ONTAP Controller Group Tasks", "Data ONTAP : Add Controller") a controller is added, the error "Failed to compare two elements in the array" shows up. When "OK" is pressed, the "Add Controller" Dialog apppears. If the "Management Server Name" and "Controller to add" are entered, the error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" pops up.

The Windows server is up to date with the latest patches. What can be done to troubleshoot?

4 REPLIES 4

peterwadmin

I finally solved this issue to first discover the NetApp filers as SNMP network devices and then assigning the credentials through the "NetApp.OM.Management.Controller.Credentials" program. The "NetApp.OM.Management.Controller.AddController" is apparantly not working when no controllers are added first through the SCOM discovery...

YGREMILLET

I have the same problem. But by launching the "Data ONTAP:Manage Controller Credentials", the window is empty and I can not do anything.

Someone there an idea

Thank you

kapildham

Peter, I tried running the application from installation folder NetApp.OM.Management.Controller.Credentials but even that is geryed out with no controllers. Any other ideas? I am running SCOM 2012.

TEJIDO1111

I downloaded ApplianceWatch 2.1.1 and  followed the installation doc to the core.Ran the discovery of Discovered the Netapp appliance by running the discovery task from the Management Server(after SNMP discovery of the Netapp appliance was succesful). When (through Monitoring, "Data ONTAP", "Storage Systems">> "Diagram">> "Actions", "Data ONTAP Controller Group Tasks">> "Data ONTAP : Add Controller") a controller is added, the error "Failed to compare two elements in the array" shows up. When "OK" is pressed, the "Add Controller" Dialog apppears. If the "Management Server Name" and "Controller to add" are entered, the error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" pops up Controllers doesn't get populated, as well as cannot add credentials to the controllers as nothing is listed and is greyed out. I am using the MP on SCOM 2012. Suggestions?

tienda telas online

*Some men have thousands of reasons why they cannot do what they want to, when all they need is one reason why they can.*

Public