Data Backup and Recovery

Creation of PM dataset

winkel

Hey Guys,

When using the PMSETUP command or using the configuration gui is there anyway to have SC define the physical resources for the dataset? The reason I ask is that I walked through the configuration GUI and selected the volumes(Oracle) that I wanted to have backed up,  I assumed when I selected PM that when it created the dataset it would associate those volumes I selected as phsyical resources in the dataset.  I am not questioning the wisdom of why this is not done, just to see if it is possible.  

Thanks,

Paul

3 REPLIES 3

vrishali

I'm on leave from 30th Oct to 12th Nov. Please contact my manager

Senthil (senthilk@netapp.com) for anything urgent.

Thanks,

Vrishali

ktenzer

Hi Paul,  Currently it is not possible. Snap Creator creates a blank dataset, the reason for that is it gives us the most flexibility. For example, importing relationships requires an empty dataset and there is no way of knowing exactly what a customer will do so we wanted to keep the options open. With that said we are looking at integrating with services in PM as option so everything can be done without logging into PM. If you have any ideas as to how this should work or how you would like to see it work, please share those ideas so we can capture it.  Best Regards,  Keith Tenzer

vrishali

I'm on leave from 30th Oct to 12th Nov. Please contact my manager

Senthil (senthilk@netapp.com) for anything urgent.

Thanks,

Vrishali

Public