2010-07-18 07:03 PM - edited 2015-12-18 01:33 AM
I have some general questions about snapmanager for MOSS. If anyone can offer any details I would be really grateful.
So, For sharepoint, please could someone explain exactly what happens during a Snapmanager backup?
- should the process take only seconds to run?
- How are the content databases backed up? Is this done using standard SQL backups kicked off as part of the snapmanager backup or is this part of the snapshot as well?
- How are the database transaction logs handled? Do they get truncated?
- What exactly is in the snapshot?
- what format do the snapshot files take?
- How long should the backup take?
- What does the verification process do? Is this just DBCC against the databases?
I really appreciate your help.