Data Backup and Recovery

Help with SnapManager server is busy issue.

praneeth_vegunta

I have a SnapManager running on version 5.0. We have a clustered windows server and configured Snapmanager backups for sql server.

everything was working fine untill a week ago where we keep seeing messages as below.

[18:01:27.664]  Get all destination volumes state successfully.

[18:01:27.664]  SnapManager server is busy, please wait...

[18:01:37.664]  Re-trying...

[18:01:37.664]  Error Code: 0xc0040817  There is another SnapManager operation currently in progress on this server. Please retry this operation after the conclusion of current job.

any Help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Praneeth.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

olson

.Hello,

Start with the service. Restart Snapmanager for X service. You should then look for overlaping jobs or long running jobs to ensure they are schedule spaced out correctly.

Regards,

John

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

olson

.Hello,

Start with the service. Restart Snapmanager for X service. You should then look for overlaping jobs or long running jobs to ensure they are schedule spaced out correctly.

Regards,

John

dalemarshall

I've got this same issue.

I can't see any overlapping jobs. If I look in SQL studi Manager I can see that all the jobs are idle.

As soon as I restart the SnapManager service it's find but then a couple of days later I'll get the same issue.

praneeth_vegunta

I would suggest deleting any jobs relating to SNAP manager for sql server, restart the sql services and then recreate them.

Thanks,

Praneeth.

Public