Data Backup and Recovery

Newly installed SnapCenter - default credentials ???

JFMartin

Hi all,

Just finished installing SnapCenter on a Windows Server 2012 R2 and opening the default URL, I don't know what credentials to enter? Looked for it in the documentation... tried to login with local admin and the warning I'm getting is that this user is not part of any ROLE....

Help appreciated... Smiley Happy

JF Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

spinks

Yes - the user you specify here is the user you will need to sign into SnapCenter as.

This will be your SnapCenter Administrator.

This needs to be a domain account.

John

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

spinks

JF,

When you installed SnapCenter you should have supplied credentials for your SnapCenter Administrator.

These are the credentials you will need to log in as.

This will be a domain user that you specified during install.

Format is typically:   domain\user

Hope this helps,

John

JFMartin

Here is the thing:

It says the user isn't in any role... so ?

Invalid credentials

spinks

At the point of installation only the user that was identified during the install is assigned to a role.

Any other AD users will receive the indicated message as no other users have yet been assigned roles.

Based on what you have provided my assumption is that you are using a different user than the one that was identified during the SnapCenter install.

If this is incorrect the best thing to do is open a support case (or uninstall and reinstall SnapCenter since I assume no configuration of the product has yet been done)

A domain user is required, so be sure you are properly qualifying "domain\user"

John

JFMartin

That is the screen where we specify this user... 

Specifying Admin user

trying to re-install... 

spinks

Yes - the user you specify here is the user you will need to sign into SnapCenter as.

This will be your SnapCenter Administrator.

This needs to be a domain account.

John

Public