Data Backup and Recovery

Official Supported Products.

smitj

The customer wants to know when Windows Server 2012 R2 will be officially supported by NetApp Inc.  The question that he states is “ Specific Products I want to know when 2012 R2 support will be enabled - against OnTap 8.2 and 8.1.3 (we have both) NetApp FC Host Utilities (latest version) for Windows, NetApp Host Agent for Windows, NetApp MPIO DSM for Windows, NetApp SnapDrive for Windows, NetApp SMI-S Agent for Windows. (I am already a member of the beta program for this product for 2012 R2 support)”. Are you able to assist with this?

Can anyone assist

Thank you in advanced.

10 REPLIES 10

ANDREASSCHOTT

Hello,

it would also be important for us. We would like to use Windows Server 2012 R2 for production.

The Installation of NetApp MPIO DSM 4.0.1 failed.

We would also appreciate a answer from NetApp.

Many thanks!

Bye,

Andreas Schott

AGUMADAVALLI

it is not yet supported at this time.

thank you

AK G

jlavrador

Hi, do you have any idea when it will be supported? Is there a Beta version?

Best regards,

João

herdliska

That's a terrible answer. When will this be available?

edwardmunro

This is crazy.  Still no support for Windows Server 2012 R2?  I don't care how much effort is involved.  Make it happen and release the software.

ecraigrsui

We are hearing Feb 2014 for 2012R2 mpio support.

TARIQALIJAN

hi,

Anyone has any updates on when OnTap DSM for 2012 R2 will be released?

thanks

BPMI_NETAPP

For your information. The NetApp ONTAP DSM for Windows MPIO v4.1 has been released yesterday!

I have just version 4.1 on two Hyper-V Server (Windows Server 2012 R2) and it works flawlessly. No noticable performance improvement though.

But I am not sure yet wether ALUA should be enabled on our 7-mode. Is ALUA supported and required on ONTAP 8.1 7-mode? The release says it does, but I thought I read somewhere that our setup does not support ALUA or that is does not need to be enabled.

TARIQALIJAN

Thanks for the update Boudewijn,

It was a show stopper for our upgrade.  i can see SnapDrive 7.0.2 for 2012 r2 has been released as well. now waiting for SnapManager for Hyper-V 2012 R2.

BPMI_NETAPP

I am also waiting for some kind of SMI-S support with SCVMM 2012 R2.

Public