Data Backup and Recovery

Operatins Manager settings and Event Configuration

debpearenetapp

We have the opertations Manger Settings configured as such:

OM_HOST=10.141.1.165

OM_USER=snapdrive

OM_PORT=8088

OM_EVENT_GENERATE=Y

We are getting this error:  "User does not have DFM.Database.Read privilege on 1" errno="13003"  Does anyone know what setting to change on DFM?

We also have NTAP_ASUP_ERROR_ENABLE=Y but we are unsure how to configure the

SENDTRAP=

SUCCESS_TRAP=

SUCCESS_MSG=INFO: NetApp Snap Creator Framework finished successfully ( Action: %ACTION )

We want to send an email when the backup has completed.  Your help is greatly appreciated.  Please find attached the conf file and the out file.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

debpearenetapp

Keith,

Thank you for the response. We found the role to add.

dfm role add sdadminrole DFM.Database.Read Global

Added 1 capability to role sdadminrole.

I will post this in the discussion.

Unfornately we have Snap Creator install on a Windows system so we will have to figure out how to use Send Mail for Windows.

Thanks.

Deb

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ktenzer

We are getting this error:  "User does not have DFM.Database.Read privilege on 1" errno="13003"  Does anyone know what setting to change on DFM?

OM_USER=snapdrive looks like there is no snapdrive user in DFM? This is supposed to be a user in DFM. Login into DFM and look at your users, If snapdrive user in fact exists then you have permissions problem. Add "Global Full Control" and it should work.

As for email, here is what you would do to get error messages and success messages assuming scServer is running on a unix system:

SENDTRAP=mailx -s %MSG user@domain </dev/null

SUCCESS_TRAP=mailx -s %MSG user@domain </dev/null

Basically you can send %MSG which is the message (either error or success) to anything that excepts CLI input. All you need to do is figure out how to send an email from CLI. For windows you need to download software, I have used sendmail.exe in past but dont remember what I did to get it working. SC does not provide an email client, it provides the ability to run a CLI command that excepts a message as input and that is what SENDTRAP and SUCCESS_TRAP do.

Let me know if this helps

Keith

debpearenetapp

Keith,

Thank you for the response. We found the role to add.

dfm role add sdadminrole DFM.Database.Read Global

Added 1 capability to role sdadminrole.

I will post this in the discussion.

Unfornately we have Snap Creator install on a Windows system so we will have to figure out how to use Send Mail for Windows.

Thanks.

Deb

ktenzer

Another idea is set OM_EVENT_GENERATE=Y SC will then send info or error messages to DFM. The message category is script-info or script-error. You could in DFM create alarm to send email whenever a script-info or script-error is recieved.

Regards,

Keitg

magnus_nyvall

Can you change the message category to something other than script-info and script-error?

Regards,

Magnus N

ktenzer

Unfortunately not, DFM doesnt provide ability to create your own categories through APIs that is why we use script class, it is for anything external to DFM.

Regards,

Keith

goicon1111

To configure Global Operations Manager, select Events > Global Operations Manager. The view shows the configured event sources that are forwarding events to this Resource Manager instance, and any event targets to which this Resource Manager instance is forwarding.

From here, you can:

• View event sources
  • Add an event source
  • Remove an event source
  • Display event targets

bicicletas de montaña

*You can only go as far as you push*

Public