Data Backup and Recovery

Problems creating LUNs with SDU on Solaris 10 -- sg module?

hernancaputi

Hi all,

This is Hernan from Argentina. I am having the following problem. I cannot create LUNs or access the storage using SDU on Solaris 10 (I do not know the release...). As I have read the problem might be that the sg drivers are not loaded on the Solaris 10....may be that is a reason of the failure... could you confirm that?

This are the error messages....this is a FC connection on a 3160A:

ERROR #1

----------------

snapdrive storage create -filervol 10.200.1.66:/vol/vol1  -lunsize 50.0m -fs /mnt -fstype UFS -nolvm

Do you want to create storage based on this configuration{y,  n}[y]?: y

Creating storage with the provided configuration. Please  wait...

Could not find physical devices corresponding to LUNs  "10.200.1.66:/vol/vol1/mnt_SdLun" in device list. Make sure storage system WWPN  is added to the HBA driver configuration file.

Do you want to create more storage {y, n}[y]?:

ERROR #2

----------------

bash-3.00# snapdrive storage create -fs /mnt/ -lun  10.200.1.66:/vol/vol1/lun2 -lunsize 2g

LUN 10.200.1.66:/vol/vol1/lun2 ...  created

mapping new lun(s) ... done

discovering new lun(s) ... *failed*

Cleaning up ...

- LUN 10.200.1.66:/vol/vol1/lun2 ...  deleted

0001-411 Admin error: Could not find physical devices  corresponding to LUNs "10.200.1.66:/vol/vol1/lun2" in device list. Make sure  storage system WWPN is added to the HBA driver configuration  file.

ERROR #3

----------------

bash-3.00# snapdrive storage show -all

0001-185 Command error: storage show failed: no NETAPP  devices to show or add the host to the trusted hosts (options trusted.hosts) on  the storage system or retry after changing snapdrive.conf to use https for  storage system communication and restarting snapdrive daemon.

bash-3.00#

Any help will be apreciated.

Regards,

Hernan

13 REPLIES 13
Public