Data Backup and Recovery

SAP Post Processing

vichaupari

Dear Sir,

I have no idea what should I do next after cloned Oracle database from SMSAP. Do I need to do post process after cloned database and do I need to change SAP configurations?

Thank you.

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

craigs

Vicha,

After a clone is completed, it is necessary to perform a number of post processing steps.  The most critical is the creation of an ops$connect entry so that the SAP work processes can connect to the database.  Some cleanup operations are also useful to avoid issues in the SAP application itself.

NetApp provides several post processing scripts for database cleanup as well as the ops$connect userid creation as part of the SMSAP product.  Please read the SMSAP Installation and Administration guide for instructions on how to "activate" the post processing scripts.

Post processing within the SAP application is also necessary before it can be used effectively for testing or development.  The amount of post processing is dependent on your system configuration.  SAP provides a system copy guide that will give you and idea of what needs to be adjusted.  Your application configuration and development teams can also give you an idea.

The SMSAP post-processing scripts are extensible and you are welcome to write additional scripts for post processing or simply use SQL commands as part of the SMSAP clone specification.

Regards,
Craig

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

craigs

Vicha,

After a clone is completed, it is necessary to perform a number of post processing steps.  The most critical is the creation of an ops$connect entry so that the SAP work processes can connect to the database.  Some cleanup operations are also useful to avoid issues in the SAP application itself.

NetApp provides several post processing scripts for database cleanup as well as the ops$connect userid creation as part of the SMSAP product.  Please read the SMSAP Installation and Administration guide for instructions on how to "activate" the post processing scripts.

Post processing within the SAP application is also necessary before it can be used effectively for testing or development.  The amount of post processing is dependent on your system configuration.  SAP provides a system copy guide that will give you and idea of what needs to be adjusted.  Your application configuration and development teams can also give you an idea.

The SMSAP post-processing scripts are extensible and you are welcome to write additional scripts for post processing or simply use SQL commands as part of the SMSAP clone specification.

Regards,
Craig

vichaupari

Dear Craig,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Actually, I am a NetApp reseller and do not have SAP developers but I do have an outsource consultant I will ask him for helping me create Post-Processing script. Does my customer need to do manual steps before and after running Post-Processing script?

Thank you.

Reagrds,

craigs

Vicha,

The post processing scripts are designed to be run immediately after the clone is completed and before users access the system.  There are also pre processing scripts that can be run before a clone is executed.

Depending on the configuration of the system and if you choose to create other post processing scripts, additional manual post processing may be required.  We work with several partners who provide products to fully automate SAP post processing, but do not have that capability from SMSAP.

Craig

Public