Data Backup and Recovery

SC 4.01P1 integrated with Unified Manager 5.2 connection abort: recv failed

michaeldparker

After upgrading SC 3.6 to 4.0p1 to be compatible with our new upgrade of Unified 5.2, I now receive a connection error in SC logs when it is trying to retrieve information from PM concerning the dataset.  Please see the attached log file.  I am also attaching my configuration file.  I'll keep digging, but so far I'm stumped on how to proceed.

Thanks for the help!

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sivar

Are you able to ping 10.205.225.140 from your Snap Creator server?

If you are able to ping the IP above, just for testing, could you please change OM_PORT=8088 and try a backup again?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

sivar

Are you able to ping 10.205.225.140 from your Snap Creator server?

If you are able to ping the IP above, just for testing, could you please change OM_PORT=8088 and try a backup again?

michaeldparker

Siva,

Thank you so much for the quick reply. So far, it is looking good now. I changed the port to 8088 and I’m going past my error. The protection job is visible in Unified. It might take a while for it to complete. Why did changing the port # work when I’ve been working with 8488 all along. I even had it working post 5.2 upgrade, but wasn’t happy with a different set of SC errors I was seeing. That is why I decided to upgrade my SC to 4.01p1.

Thanks

Michael

sivar

I shall review the code and test this in the lab and give you an update soon.

michaeldparker

Great. Thanks so much for the help. In the meantime, it seems to work so I’ll remove those lines you found and I’ll start testing with the remainder of my profiles to ensure they work.

Thanks

sivar

Also, I am noticing these lines in your config file.

Did you copy/paste them? or the upgrade process created these?

The syntax of these entries aren't correct, and they are not commented out properly with # in the beginning of the line.

CONFIG_TYPE - PLUGIN|STANDARD

USE_PROXY - (Y|N)

NTAP_CONSISTENCY_GROUP_WAFL_SYNC - (Y|N)

NTAP_SNAPSHOT_RESTORE_AUTO_DETECT - (Y|N)

MOUNT_CMD<##>

UMOUNT<##>

APP_DEFINED_CLONE - (Y|N)

michaeldparker

Even though I’m not seeing any errors about these that I can detect, should I comment them out then? I followed the upgrade procedures and did copy in my new config post 4.0 upgrade, but prior to running the java –jar upgrade command.

Thanks

sivar

You may please remove the lines below. (as seen in the bottom of your config)

CONFIG_TYPE - PLUGIN|STANDARD

USE_PROXY - (Y|N)

NTAP_CONSISTENCY_GROUP_WAFL_SYNC - (Y|N)

NTAP_SNAPSHOT_RESTORE_AUTO_DETECT - (Y|N)

MOUNT_CMD<##>

UMOUNT<##>

APP_DEFINED_CLONE - (Y|N)

michaeldparker

Siva,

I was looking through my config and I’m not finding these lines. I’ve even done a find on the file.

Thanks

Public