Data Backup and Recovery

SMHV SnapInfo Directory Path on CIFS Share Error

akromat_lantec

Hi,

i´m using SnapManager hyper-V Version 2.11.2630 with SMB3.

i installed snapdrive and SMHV. After adding my host i try to configure the snapinfo directory path.

Thats why i create an volume and a share for it and select this share but i get an error, that this share is not on an netapp.

I´m only using SMB3, no iSCSI or FC.

Any Ideas ?

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

akromat_lantec

Problem fixed.

Storageconnection not to Cluster but to SVM and some reboots...Bad documentation, sorry.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Sahana

Hi

Refer link https://library.netapp.com/ecmdocs/ECMP1185451/html/GUID-1430DC89-19F6-468C-9081-61EB1F5A93C6.html to set the Snapinfor directory. Please check Manage Storage Connections option at the host level.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

akromat_lantec

Hi,

i found this before. I can broiwse my share. The connections are ok. But if i click on ok, it states that is not on NetApp Share. But this is not true. Is the Name of the Share or special permission needed ?

Alex

akromat_lantec

Problem fixed.

Storageconnection not to Cluster but to SVM and some reboots...Bad documentation, sorry.

dmauro

correct.

SnapDrive documentation mentions this on page 12 of the SnapDrive for Windows 7.1.2 Administration Guide for SMB3 pdf:

"In clustered Data ONTAP 8.2 and later, you are not required to have cluster credentials before configuring or using SnapDrive."

Kind Regards,

Domenico.

Public