Data Backup and Recovery

SMMOSS - Unable to Detect Farm Information

PAUL_SANDERS87

Afternoon All,

I am getting an irritating issue when configuring SnapManager for SharePoint in a farm. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction?

Here is my setup:

SharePoint 2010 Farm:

Sp-web1 and Sp-web2 are a both Web Front Ends.

Sp-app1 is a SharePoint Search/Indexer and Office application server.

Sp-SQL1 is the database server.

Sp-SQL1 has Snap Manager for SQL (not configured yet) and the SharePoint Media and Manager Roles. It also has the SnapManager agent running as a SMMOSS Member Agent.

All other servers have the SMMOSS agent installed.

All agents are showing in the Management console, but I am not able to change any options as they are greyed out. I think this is because I haven’t installed any agents as ‘SMMOSS Control Agent’. This should be applied on the web front ends, but it doesn’t let me :(.

The snap drive service account has Farm Administrative and Local Admin rights across the farm.

When looking in the event log, I am getting a couple of 'Informational Errors':

smmoss,0.0 [agent version=5.0.0.0]

non sharepoint or get farmname error: system.nullreferenceexception: object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at smmoss.common.registerparameters.getfarmname()

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Paul

get total memory size is fail.system.management.managementexception: invalid class

at system.management.managementexception.throwwithextendedinfo(managementstatus errorcode)

at system.management.managementobjectcollection.managementobjectenumerator.movenext()

at smmoss.common.aveloadbalance.gettotalmemorysize()

14 REPLIES 14
Public