Data Backup and Recovery

SMSAP creating profile problem

rozle_palcar

Hello everyone,

We are installing test environment for SMSAP and we stuck at point of creating profiles. We created repository which is located on Win server with Oracle XE. When creating profiles it reports error:

[ INFO] SMSAP-20019: Set password for repository "SMSAPADMIN@XE/10.10.8.222:1521" in user credentials for "root".

[ INFO] SMSAP-20020: Set password for profile "S_PESK_BAZA" in user credentials for "root".

[ERROR] SMSAP-20017: User "root" has credentials for repository "SMSAPADMIN@XE/10.10.8.222:1521" but validity could not be checked.  Error: SMSAP-09032: Failed  to connect to repository: Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection: [ORA-17002].

[ INFO] SMSAP-20022: Deleted credentials and repository mapping for profile "S_PESK_BAZA" in user credentials for "root".

Operation failed. Error: User "root" has credentials for repository "SMSAPADMIN@XE/10.10.8.222:1521" but validity could not be checked.  Error: SMSAP-09032: Failed  to connect to repository: Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection: [ORA-17002].

Oracle user on repository server was added with 'smsap credential set' command, but problem remains. We also tried to add host in credential file and some other stuff, but error message stays the same. Can you please help me with providing right authorization for creating profiles. It is AIX system with SMSAP 3.2.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Rozle

6 REPLIES 6

craigs

Rozle,

When creating profiles, I follow these steps as the ora<sid> user on the database host. In these examples, na1cidb is the database host, the SID is NA1. The repository is on smsap-repo and is also an XE database. The userid smsapadmin is the userid on the repository and has the necessary authorizations.

1. Set the credentials for the oracle userid on the database host
    • smsap credential set -host -name na1cidb -username orana1 -password netapp11 -verbose
  2. set the credentials for the repository
    • smsap credential set -repository -host smsap-repo -dbname XE -port 1521 -login -username smsapadmin -password netapp.321 -verbose
  3. Create the profile via command line or via SMSAP gui - I usually use the gui
  4. Be sure that the ora<sid> userid can now see the profile in the repository
    • smsap profile sync -repository -dbname XE -host smsap-repo -port 1521 -login -username smsapadmin -verbose
  5. Set the credentials for the ora<sid> userid so it can perform actions on the profile
    • smsap credential set -profile -name NA1 -password netapp.321 -verbose
  6. Check that the ora<sid> userid now has access to the profile
    • smsap credential list

Regards,

Craig

rozle_palcar

Craig,

Thank you for your answer, we will try this. I have one more question - when you say that you follow steps as ora<sid> user. Do you actually log in in smsap server with ora<sid> user or you are logged as some other user with administrative privileges? And when creating profile - should we use OS or DB authentication?

Regards,

Rozle

craigs

Rozle,

Yes, I execute the smsap commands as user ora<sid>. When creating the profile, I use OS authentication.

Regards,

Craig

rozle_palcar

Hello,

We tried to go trought steps you provided:

credential list:

root@s-pesk:/opt/NetApp/smsap/bin# ./smsap credential list

Credential cache for OS user "root":

Repositories:

SMSAPADMIN@XE/10.10.8.222:1521

Profiles:

Hosts:

orakl1@s-pesk

Command for profile creation:

smsap profile create -profile S_PESK_BAZA -profile-password ********* -repository  -dbname XE -host 10.10.8.222 -login  -username SMSAPADMIN -port 1521 -database  -dbname KL1 -host 10.10.11.133 -sid KL1 -osaccount orakl1 -osgroup dba -comment "Profil za kreiranje S_PESK baze" -retain  -daily  -count 0 -duration 7 -monthly -count 0 -duration 12 -weekly  -count 0 -duration 4 -hourly  -count 4 -duration 0 -snapname-pattern smsap_{profile}_{db-sid}_{scope}_{mode}_{smid}_{date} -separate-archivelog-backups -retain-archivelog-backups  -hours 24 -include-with-online-backups -notification  -success  -subject Klon_uspesen -email x -failure  -subject Klon_NEuspesen -email x -dump -verbose

Error:

root@s-pesk:/opt/NetApp/smsap/bin# ailure  -subject Klon_NEuspesen -email simon.jurca@kolektor.com,rozle.palcar@osap.si -dump -verbose <

[ INFO] SMSAP-20020: Set password for profile "S_PESK_BAZA" in user credentials for "root".

[ERROR] SMSAP-20017: User "root" has credentials for repository "SMSAPADMIN@XE/10.10.8.222:1521" but validity could not be checked.  Error: SMSAP-09032: Failed  to connect to repository: Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection: [ORA-17002].

[ INFO] SMSAP-20022: Deleted credentials and repository mapping for profile "S_PESK_BAZA" in user credentials for "root".

Operation failed. Error: User "root" has credentials for repository "SMSAPADMIN@XE/10.10.8.222:1521" but validity could not be checked.  Error: SMSAP-09032: Failed  to connect to repository: Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection: [ORA-17002].

Any ideas?

Regards,

Rozle

craigs

Rozle,

Some ideas:

• Be sure that the repository database is running. Sometimes I have to stop/start the XE database. Also make sure the listener is running there
  • Be sure that name resolution works. Sometimes I have had to put entries in the local hosts files on both the repository and database host
  • Try creating the profile from the SMSAP gui and then going through the steps I sent earlier

Regards,

Craig

rozle_palcar

Hello,

We managed to find where the problem was - customer had ipsec implemented which blocked traffic between repository server and smsap host server. Just to make a note if anyone else will meet the same problem.

Thank you for help!

Best regards,

Rozle

Public