Data Backup and Recovery

SMSP 6.0 backup completes with exception

IngeHellebo

Hi,

I have setup SM for SQL and SM for SharePoint, and tried to run a few backups. They seem to run OK, but completes with this exception:

"Errors: Some error occurs in the backup raw property.Service application Name:User Profile Service Application (APException: Cannot find field: Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.UserProfileApplication.profileStoreLanguagePacksApplied) , [ExceptionType:RawpropertyException]"

I guess this is probably due to our use of norwegian language packs in SharePoint. Is there any way I can avoid this error? I would really like to see "Completed successfully"

Regards,

Inge

16 REPLIES 16

pascalduk

I had the same error a few months ago after installing Sharepoint 2010 patches. Microsoft made a small change in an API SMSP depends on.

NetApp already has a patch for this issue, so they should be able to help you quickly when you create a support case.

IngeHellebo

Thanks,

Then I will open a support case and see if I can get it sorted out with the patch.

bojan

Hi,

is it possible to get the mentioned patch, without creating a new support case?!

Thanks for sharing.

Bojan

soumende

What is the version of SharePoint that you are using ?

Regards

Soumen De

tanweer

I get the same errors while backing up the Sharepoint farm using SMSP 6.0.

Errors: Some error occurs in the backup raw property.Service application Name:User Profile Service Application (APException: Cannot find method:  Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.UserProfileApplication.get_CurrentBDCMA()) , [ExceptionType:RawpropertyException]

if there is a patch to fix this issue, what is the link to download the patch and get further details in this regard.

Thanks

Tanweer

soumende

Hi Tanweer,

Can you please share the full backup report?

Also please provide the exact version of Sharepoint you are using.

Regards

Soumen De

Technical Marketing Engineer

patrik_gross

I have the same error:

(SHAREPOINTDB:SHAREPOINT2010_CONFIG)

SharePoint Version: SharePoint 2010

Components: 199

Start Time: 2011-08-25 07:41:22

Finish Time: 2011-08-25 08:06:00

Exceptions: 0

Exception Details: Some error occurs in the backup raw property.Service application Name:SharePoint2010Profiles (APException: Cannot find method: Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.UserProfileApplication.get_CurrentBDCMA()) , [ExceptionType:RawpropertyException]

Some error occurs in the backup raw property.Service application Name:User Profile Synchronization Service (APException: Cannot find method: Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.UserProfileApplication.get_CurrentBDCMA()) , [ExceptionType:RawpropertyException]

Please provide informations how to fix this problem.

//Patrik

tanweer

The SharePoint version that we are running in the customer environment is - 2010 14.0.6106.5002

tom_dewit

Same error here ... is there a path release available that can be downloaded for SMSP 6.0 to solve this problem ?

If not, then please share the burt ID so I can mention it when calling Netapp Support

Grtz,

Tom

tom_dewit

I checked for patch releases yesterday before starting the installation and there were none. This patch was posted today.

Thanks for pointing it out to me Peter !

Grtz,

Tom

soumende

The SnapManager 6.0 for SharePoint Patch that support Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 Service Pack 1 is now available on the NOW site. You can download the patch directly from http://now.netapp.com/NOW/download/software/snapmanager_sharepoint/6.0P1/.

A few details to be aware of when installing this patch.

1. The patch is not a self-extracting wizard installation which automatically updates the SMSP assemblies.

2. When unzipped it just provides two Executables (EXE) and one Dynamic Link Library (DLL)

• SMSP2010PlatformControlRestore.exe

• SMSP2010PlatformDatabaseBackup

• SMSP2010PlatformMossUtility.dll

3. You need to MANUALLY replace the above files in the SMSP installation location, Eg. “C:\Program Files\NetApp\SnapManager for SharePoint\VaultClient\bin”

Regards

Soumen De

artur_kusiak

Here is the patch to fix this issue

http://www.avepoint.net/patches/2011-08-29/SMSP_Agent_Patch_6.0.1.0_Hotfix6012000_20110826.zip

Stop the SMSP Communication service and replace the files in the bin folder,repeat on all the servers with agents installed. Make sure you backup the bin folder first.Folder is located in \SnapManager for SharePoint\VaultClient\bin

Thanks

Artur

soumende

The SnapManager 6.0 for SharePoint Patch that support Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 Service Pack 1 is now available on the NOW site. You can download the patch directly from http://now.netapp.com/NOW/download/software/snapmanager_sharepoint/6.0P1/.

A few details to be aware of when installing this patch.

1. The patch is not a self-extracting wizard installation which automatically updates the SMSP assemblies.

2. When unzipped it just provides two Executables (EXE) and one Dynamic Link Library (DLL)

• SMSP2010PlatformControlRestore.exe

• SMSP2010PlatformDatabaseBackup

• SMSP2010PlatformMossUtility.dll

3. You need to MANUALLY replace the above files in the SMSP installation location, Eg. “C:\Program Files\NetApp\SnapManager for SharePoint\VaultClient\bin”

Regards

Soumen De

tom_dewit

This works pefectly and solves the APException error.

Thanks guys

Tom

soumende

Great … Does it solve your query then.

Regards

Soumen De

Public