Subscribe

SMSP 6 - support for Sharepoint/Sharepoint Foundation 2010 SP1

[ Edited ]

Does anyone know if SMSP supports Sharepoint/Sharepoint Foundatoin 2010 SP1?  I would like to update my Sharepoint environment but not sure if I'm going to break anything due to some of the RBS changes that is being made in SP1.

thanks,

Brent

Hi Brent,

SharePoint 2010 Sp1 has a lot of new features including shallow copy. SnapManager for SharePoint 6.0 testing with SharePoint 2010 SP1 is going on. Currently it’s not supported.

Thanks

Soumen

Is the an ETA on when it will be supported?

thanks.

Re: SMSP 6 - support for Sharepoint/Sharepoint Foundation 2010 SP1

Recently the Test were completed and it is supported with SharePoint 2010 SP1.

Regards

Soumen De

Hi,

Have you done thorough testing of RBS extending? I have some problems opening extended documents, at least for files over a few megabytes in size. When I retract the extender functionality from the site collection, everything seems to work OK.

I have also noted that the Interoperability Matrix Tool does not list 2010 SP1 as supported. I will continue testing, but would appreciate to know if anybody else is experiencing any issues with RBS in SP1.

Regards,

Inge

Hi Inge,

We are aware of issues with SnapManager for SharePoint 6.0 after upgrading to SharePoint 2010 Sp1

We are working to get the SharePoint 2010 Sp1 patch released and it will be updated in the IMT tool shortly.

Regards

Soumen De

Technical Marketing Engineer

Looks like I am getting the same issues with RBS files not opening after SP1 install...I have a PowerPoint file where when I click on it, the splash page for PowerPoint 2010 comes up stalls, file never opens.

Where is the IMT tool that will keep me up-to-date on support of SP1 for SMSP 6.0?

Thanks.

Inge,

Do any files work over a few megs?  I have had any issue with a PowerPoint but all my PDFs and Word Docs are working fine.

thanks,

Brent

brobbins23 wrote:

Where is the IMT tool that will keep me up-to-date on support of SP1 for SMSP 6.0?

https://now.netapp.com/NOW/products/interoperability/

In my environment I got the following error during the 1st backup attempt after the SP1 install:

Errors: Some error occurs in the backup raw property.Service application Name:User Profile Service Application 2 (APException: Cannot find method: Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.UserProfileApplication.get_CurrentBDCMA()) , [ExceptionType:RawpropertyException]

Is this one of the known issues?