Data Backup and Recovery

SMSQL - Verification fails on new databases

BrendonHiggins

Every now and then a well meaning sole (or application) will create a new database on the SMSQL managed SQL database.  They will not run the configuration wizard and the backup jobs will start to fail.

Is there a technical solution that will automatically run the wizard once the database is created or send an alert to say that wizard has not been run?  I have tried telling DBA not to create databases without running the wizard but this is not as 'successful' as I would like.

Thanks

Bren

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bjornkoopmans

I know what you mean. It's hard to convince the DBA's that they need to run the Configuration Wizard. That being said, I found that it's not really essential to run the Wizrad every time.99% of the times SMSQL finds the new database and backs it up. That is, IF the database is created on the correct LUN. To 'ensure' that, I let the DBA's set the default database path to the correct LUN, so that new databases will be placed there by default. Ofcource this is not waterproof, put it sure helped.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

bjornkoopmans

I know what you mean. It's hard to convince the DBA's that they need to run the Configuration Wizard. That being said, I found that it's not really essential to run the Wizrad every time.99% of the times SMSQL finds the new database and backs it up. That is, IF the database is created on the correct LUN. To 'ensure' that, I let the DBA's set the default database path to the correct LUN, so that new databases will be placed there by default. Ofcource this is not waterproof, put it sure helped.

BrendonHiggins

Genus! Set the path, duh.

TL's on the database data file luns and vice versa are one of the main

issues.

Thanks

Bren

Public