Data Backup and Recovery

Snap Drive 6.3

itmsnetapp

Is there any word on release date of snap drive 6.3? We are right in the middle of a migration project and would rather go straight to 6.3 for NFS support.

cheers

26 REPLIES 26

radek_kubka

Interestingly enough, SDW 6.3P1 refuses to recognise NFS VMDKs in my environment (in conjunction with vSphere 4.1 & VSC 2.0.1)

SDW 6.3 beta worked like a charm with both VSC 2.0 & 2.0.1.

Regards,
Radek

franciskim

I am unable to see from SDW6.3 on my Win2k3 sp2 any of my VMDKs created in NFS datastores through VSC2.0.1.  No problem seeing iSCSI LUNs, though.

I noticed you had multiple postings on this issue and wondered if you could point me in the right direction.  NetApp support so far hasn't been very helpful.

Thanks,

Francis

kris_boeckx

Hi,

What ontap version are you on ?

Greetings,

Kris

jordanotto

I was having the same trouble. I would open Snap Drive 6.3 and see no VMDKs. In order to resolve, I went into the VSC plugin inside vCenter, then added the Storage System in the "Backup and Restore" Setup. Once I did this, I closed SnapDrive, reopened, and my disks show as VMDKs. Hope this helps.

frizzledizzle

I cannot even register any filers in the setup section of backup and restore. I get error 404 not_found...

kris_boeckx

Hi guy's,

Snapdrive 6.3P2 is out: http://now.netapp.com/NOW/download/software/snapdrive_win/6.3P2/

It fixes a nasty bug (473592) not able to see Clustered disks in our vmware enviroment.

SnapDrive - 6.3P2

Date Posted: 03-FEB-2011
SnapDrive 6.3P2
Based on SnapDrive 6.3

Bugs fixed in this release:

6.3P2
===========
473592 SDW does not enumerate RDM disks if there are more than one scsi controller - exposed through an unsupported initiator error
464870 Hyperv restore failed with error "SDSnapshotRestore failed"
475282 SnapDrive ASUP string running in Windows Server 2008 R2 OS shows incorrect message.
475634 SnapVault update is not happening from MMC popup menu.

We are getting there ... almost perfect.

Greetz.

Public