Subscribe
Accepted Solution

Snap Manager for Sharepoint - Snapmirror Naming conventions

[ Edited ]

Hi

I am currently using Snap Manager for Sharepoint to backup a Sharepoint farm, the job Snapmirrors to a DR filer and then the volumes are backed up by Backup Exec.

My issue is that the naming convention of the snapmirrored volumes are based on date rather than _recent, this means I cannot have static selections within backup exec, does anyone know if it is possible to set the last snapmirror to be _recent? I can't seem to find anywhere within SMSP that defines naming conventions.

Any help would be appreciated!

Re: Snap Manager for Sharepoint - Snapmirror Naming conventions

Hi,

It will not be possible from SMSP to change the naming convention of Snapmirror.

Regards

Soumen De

Technical Marketing Engineer

Thanks for your reply.

Is there any chance this will be added to a later revision as this means that the most recent Snapmirrored snapshot cannot be backed up.

Following on from Soumende's comment is it actually possible to backup the sharepoint volumes using a common snapshot name, as each snapshot has a unique name which differs from all other SnapManager products where you can backup _recent. The Snapshots are fine but what if I want to backup a snapshot to tape.