Data Backup and Recovery

SnapCreator 4.0p1-Running Server from the command line interface

debpearenetapp

I am trying to run snapcreator from the command line interface

snapcreator --profile --action --policy --config --user --passwd and I keep getting

403 Forbidden at /<c:\Program Files\Netapp\Snap_Creator_Framework\scServer4.0p1\snapcreator.exe>SnapCreator/Service/Engin.pm line 137

I am using the administrator account and password.  I never had this issue with previous versions.  The user and passwd are a new requirement with this version.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

spinks

Hi -

The 403 forbidden error indicates a problem with the username or password.

When you say administrator account you are referring to the Snap Creator user that you define during setup, correct?

Assuming you are using the Snap Creator user, does your password contain any special characters?

I have seen this error occur before if a special character is used.

Try first running:

snapcreator --credentials

This will prompt you for server, port, user, and password and cache these credentials.

Then try running your Snap Creator command without server, port, user, and password and see if it works.

Please let us know the result.

Thanks,

John

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

spinks

Hi -

The 403 forbidden error indicates a problem with the username or password.

When you say administrator account you are referring to the Snap Creator user that you define during setup, correct?

Assuming you are using the Snap Creator user, does your password contain any special characters?

I have seen this error occur before if a special character is used.

Try first running:

snapcreator --credentials

This will prompt you for server, port, user, and password and cache these credentials.

Then try running your Snap Creator command without server, port, user, and password and see if it works.

Please let us know the result.

Thanks,

John

debpearenetapp

We do have a special character in the password. I set up another administrator and now I do not get the error.

sivar

This sound like a folder permission issue.

1) What is the user account you are running the snapcreator service as?

2) please provide as with an output of the below

cacls "c:\Program Files\Netapp\Snap_Creator_Framework\scServer4.0p1"

Public