Data Backup and Recovery

SnapCreator NFS mount options

jcbettinelli

Hello,

I'm trying to use the mount options with one of my customer. The volume is NFS.

I've used the parameters for the NFS, including export host, read-write or read-only, etc... but the command cannot mount automatically the volume.

It says that you need to add parameters for the mount command.

I've found the parameter called mount_cmd, but i don't know which syntax to use.

Documentation:

https://library.netapp.com/ecmdocs/ECMP1149421/html/html/GUID-4CE93A35-F2A3-4FA7-A8BF-3F86BEEB3FDE.html

The following table describes the mount and unmount commands:

MOUNT_CMD<##>
Mount commands are used to mount file system for cloning or mount actions, where ## is a number starting from 01-99.
UMOUNT_CMD<##>
Unmount commands are used to mount file system for cloning or mount actions, where ## is a number starting from 01-99.

Note: You should use MOUNT_CMDS and UMOUNT_CMDS for mount and unmount commands instead of Snap Creator PRE or POST commands for cloning.

Also, to notice, I've checked that the mount command has been added in the agent.conf file.

Can anyone help me with this ? I would really appreciate

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ktenzer

I believe it is %SNAP_TIME

As far as use a variable for volume name, we dont have that capability yet.

Regards,

keith

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

sivar

MOUNT_CMD01=mount -F nfs -o rsize=32768,wsize=32768,vers=3,forcedirectio,bg,hard,intr,timeo=600,proto=tcp controller:/vol/cl_volumename1_%SNAPTIME /mountpoint1

MOUNT_CMD02=mount -F nfs -o rsize=32768,wsize=32768,vers=3,forcedirectio,bg,hard,intr,timeo=600,proto=tcp controller:/vol/cl_volumename2_%SNAPTIME /mountpoint2

Above is an example

Please follow your Operating System mount documentation and best practice guidelines

jcbettinelli

Hello Siva,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Is there a way to use a variable for the name of the volume ? I understand the %SNAPTIME, but how about the cl_volumename1. Should I replace this with the real volume name with cl_ as a suffix?

Thank you,

Jean-Christophe

sivar

Hello Jean,

Yes. you will substitute the volume name.

The example below will help further.

If your Profile name is SAP

If your config name is P40.conf

and if you are backing up (and cloning) the below volumes

/vol/SAP_DATA mounted as           /data

/vol/SAP_LOG mounted as            /log

/vol/SAP_ARCHIVE mounted as     /archive

then cloned volumes mount commands will be

MOUNT_CMD01=mount -F nfs -o rsize=32768,wsize=32768,vers=3,forcedirectio,bg,hard,intr,timeo=600,proto=tcp controller:/vol/cl_P40_SAP_DATA_%SNAPTIME /cl_data

MOUNT_CMD02=mount -F nfs -o rsize=32768,wsize=32768,vers=3,forcedirectio,bg,hard,intr,timeo=600,proto=tcp controller:/vol/cl_P40_SAP_LOG_%SNAPTIME /cl_log

MOUNT_CMD03=mount -F nfs -o rsize=32768,wsize=32768,vers=3,forcedirectio,bg,hard,intr,timeo=600,proto=tcp controller:/vol/cl_P40_SAP_ARCHIVE_%SNAPTIME /cl_archive

In other words,

/vol/cl_$configname_volumename_%SNAPTIME

jcbettinelli

Hello,

Thank again for your help.

I'll check with customer and I'll keep you updated.

Regards,

Jean-Christophe

ktenzer

I believe it is %SNAP_TIME

As far as use a variable for volume name, we dont have that capability yet.

Regards,

keith

sivar

Thank you Keith!

My bad.

Jean-Christophe,

Please use the syntax %SNAP_TIME

Public