Data Backup and Recovery

SnapCreator with SAP MaxDB

flavio

Hi guys,

I'm doing some tests using SnapCreator with SAP MaxDB. I have imported a MaxDB module but when I try to take a snapshot I get the following message:

########## NetApp Snap Creator Framework dump ##########

[Mon Sep 26 19:39:00 2011] INFO: Running scdump for plugin maxdb config file C:/Netapp/Snapcreator/scServer3.4.0/configs/PROFILE_MAXDB/CONFIG_MAXDB.conf

[Mon Sep 26 19:39:01 2011] [localhost:9090(3.4.0.1)] ERROR: [agt-00012] ERROR: [scf-00070] module [maxdb] is not supported at /<C:\Netapp\Snapcreator\scAgent3.4.0\snapcreator.exe>SnapCreator/Mod.pm line 110.

[Mon Sep 26 19:39:01 2011] ERROR: ERROR: [scf-00070] module [maxdb] is not supported at /<C:\Netapp\Snapcreator\scAgent3.4.0\snapcreator.exe>SnapCreator/Mod.pm line 110.

[Mon Sep 26 19:39:01 2011] [localhost:9090(3.4.0.1)] ERROR: [scf-00055] NetApp Snap Creator Framework dump for plugin maxdb failed with exit code 100, Exiting!

######################################################

I'm sending a dump file from SnapCreator (scdump_PROFILE_MAXDB_20110926193858.zip) and the MAXDB module (MAXDB.pm) used.

Could anyone give me a hint to solve this case?

Thanks.

Flávio Onofre de Souza

4 REPLIES 4

ktenzer

MaxDB is a community plug-in and community plug-ins are case sensitive. The built-in plug-ins are always lower case so APP_NAME=oracle|db2|mysql. For community plug-ins it is always upper case.

Make sure you copy MAXDB.pm to /plugins/MAXDB/MAXDB.pm under scServer or scAgent directory depending where you are running it. Then set APP_NAME=MAXDB and SC should find the plug-in.

The error you are getting means the plug-in maxdb wasn't found and isnt one of the built-in plugins. In SC 3.5.0 you can specify APP_NAME=maxdb as it will be a built-in plugin.

Let me know if this helps

Keith

flavio

Hi Keith,

When I change the APP_NAME to MAXDB (upper case) the Configuration Content of the SnapCreator Profile does not load. But if I change APP_NAME to maxdb (lower case) the Configuration Content load properly.

I will send a email to you with screenshots to explain better what I mean.

Do you have any explanation for this behavour?

Thanks.

Flávio Onofre de Souza

ktenzer

Ok a couple of questions

1) how doid you get MaxDB plug-in it is a community plug-in and they are still only available to internal folks, that will be changing soon?

2) What version of the plug-in do you have?

3) Are you using an agent?

4) what version of Snap Creator do you have?

5) can you tell me path where MAXDB.pm is installed?

6) Can you send me a your latest config file?

7) Can you send mee your error messages from the .out log, including any debug sourounding error message?

😎 Did you edit or change the MAXDB.pm?

9) Can you send me version of MAXDB.pm that you have?

with this info I will be able to tell you what is going wrong

APP_NAME=maxdb will not work in SC 3.3.0 or 3.4.0 no matter what you do

Regards,

Keith

thomas_glodde

I think i had the same issue, i had to name the config folder like the config file:

C:/Netapp/Snapcreator/scServer3.4.0/configs/PROFILE_MAXDB/CONFIG_MAXDB.conf

->

C:/Netapp/Snapcreator/scServer3.4.0/configs/MAXDB/MAXDB.conf

Public