Subscribe

SnapDrive 6.1 Invalid Host License Error

Hi

I believe there is a bug in the install process of SnapDrive for Windows 6.1. If you select the host license and enter a valid key it says it is invalid and will not continue with the install. If you then select the filer license it will then install ok. Once installed I have found I can then add the host license using either the CLI or SnapDrive GUI.

Has anyone else found this?

Thanks

Philip

Re: SnapDrive 6.1 Invalid Host License Error

This problem has not been seen by either the QA team nor the Engineering team.  If you are still experiencing this problem, can you please provide a OntapWinDC from this node?

Hi

Yes it is still a problem (well we have a valid work around by not using the key at install time), we implemented SnapDrive 6.0 when we first found the problem, I have then re-created the issue on a VM back in the office using SnapDrive 6.1 and tried the workaround. Therefore the attached OnTapWinDC output is from the VM. May be the issue is key specific so I will PM you the key I used and serial number?

The OnTapWinDC attachment is password protected as the logs contain live keys, I will PM you the password as well.

Thanks

Philip

Hi Philip,

Got your PM and sent one right back at you.  I will have the dev team take a look and will post the results here.