I try to configure the email notification, and I have always the same error :

the firewall disable

The smtp is open without any authentication

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance

Jerome

7 REPLIES 7

jerome_barrelet

We have found that if we use the old mail gateway Exchange 2003 it works, but if we use the new mail gateway Exchange 2010 it doesn't work.

Anybody have the same problem?

crocker

Is this a question your team handles or is this a support related question that should be addressed in the NetApp Support community?
Mike

rbarker

In order to determine what the exact error is you will need to check the SMSP Logs.

The manager log is at: C:\Program Files\NetApp\SnapManager for SharePoint\VaultServer\Control\logs

And the media log is at: C:\Program Files\NetApp\SnapManager for SharePoint\VaultServer\Media\logs

And agent log is written to windows event.

Since you are having problems with email notification setup, you need check the “control high level.log” in manager log folder. If you check this log there should be additional details to help troubleshoot.

Thanks,

Rob

rbarker

Jerome -

Make sure you enter an SMTP Username and Password.

Thanks,

Rob

jerome_barrelet

Hello Rob,

the SMTP Username and password are correct. We are more thinking about a Exchange 2010 SMTP rights problem because it's work on Exchange 2003.

I will post something when we found the soluce

Thanks

bernd_wolters

Hi Jerome,

could you implent a special receive-connector, set the scope to your SM-Host and allow anomyous authentication. If you just want to send notifications to your home-domains ther´s no need to enable the open-relay-option for that host.

Regards bernd

amortellaro

Relay to Exchange 2010 Hub Transports are not supported in version 6.1.  This problem will be fixed in version 7.  Until then, you will need to relay to another SMTP server or Exchange 2007 or 2003.

Public