Data Backup and Recovery

SnapManager for Oracle - GUI Response time

mskubski

Hello,

we have SMO 3.2. SMO Server is running on LINUX. If we open the GUI on Windows, sometimes the response time is very long.

If we open it via termial server, it hangs and we have to exit the GUI!

Is this a known problem? Is there a workaround?

Thank you

MS

7 REPLIES 7

himanshp

Hello MS,

Can you please check the setting for "Open on Startup" in the SMO GUI ( Tab "Admin" -> "User Preferences" -> "Open on Startup") ?

Set it to "None" or "Repository". This will ensure not all the objects get loaded while starting up. User has to individually open all the profiles created.

Thanks,

Himanshu

mskubski

We have to open every Repository / Profile so it should be non. But this is not the problem. GUI hangs sometimes during an operation. Also during backup / restore, the gui will not come back and we have to reopen it. Is there a known problem?

Thank you, regards Maurice

michaeldparker

I see the same problem as well.  I have a ticket open, but not getting very far with it so far.  Has anyone else seen this and know how to fix?

Thanks

Michael

martinsattler

Hello,

we have SMO 3.3 installed and have the same Problems, has anybody a solution for this Problem?

Thanks

Martin

michaeldparker

Interesting that you are still having the problem.  As soon as 3.3 came out, I jumped on it and my GUI improved drastically.  Prior to the upgrade I was seeing some improvements by cleaning out history, old backups that weren't needed, and other crud.

Thanks

Michael

LEIGHTONN

We had the same problem until we upgraded to SMO 3.3. The GUI used to hang and was very slow using 3.2.

Someone had also mentioned that the location of the SMO server with respect to the repository could cause performance issues also. Currently our repository does not have SMO server installed. We just connect directly to the SMO server running on the target/source host. Not sure if this makes a difference or not.

dburkland

We just upgraded to 3.3 and we too have noticed an increase in responsiveness. Having the ability to easily reset profile passwords is also a big plus in 3.3

Public