Data Backup and Recovery

SnapManager for SQL Server Backup Verification Error

ckwmcgowan

I've got a problem with SnapManager for SQL Server version 5.1.0.699. The SQL Server in Question is Windows Server 2008 R2 running SQL Server 2008 SP1 CU8.

I am trying to verify a Database Backup but am receiving the below error;

[SnapDrive Error]: Failed to create disk in virtual machine, Failed to Map virtual disk: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

I've tried running the verification as part of the backup and as a seperate operation.  I also added an additional step in the verification job which SnapManager creates on the SQL Server Instance with a WAITFOR DELAY '00:05' (5 minutes) as i was running out of options.  I've tried both the 'Automatically assign available drive letter' and 'Mount in an empty NTFS directory' options in the Mount Point Tab of the Back Verification Settings.  The verification worked intermittently yesterday but not at all today.

I've attached the log file for some more information.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

3 REPLIES 3

rpaivacesce

Hi,

Were you able to resolve this issue? I'm having the same problem in my SMSQL solution.

Thanks

Rui Paiva

ckwmcgowan

Rui Paiva,

Yes, you need to open the below inbound rules on the Windows Firewall;

TCP 80

TCP 443

TCP 808

TCP 4094

TCP 4095

COM + Network Access (DCOM IN)

Thanks

Chris

brothanb1

Is your server running as a VM Guest?  The message indicates that SnapDrive is attempting to map the LUN through a VM Host.

It could be that the SnapDrive cannot communicate with the VM Host or Virtual Center or is not configured to do so.

Public