Data Backup and Recovery

SnapManager for SQL and 8.2 cluster SnapVault

carstensejer

Does the SMSQL pluging not support SnapVault when running a 8.2 cluster mode?

[2014-02-18 14:56:07,734] ERROR: SCF-00043: SnapVault is not supported in Clustered Data ONTAP, set NTAP_SNAPVAULT_UPDATE to N in configuration.

########## Snap Creator Framework 4.1.0 failed ##########

4 REPLIES 4

ktenzer

This error is coming from the SC server so it seems some controller or vserver is not 8.2? Does this work without the plugin?

Also do you have the CLUSTER* options in config set? If so you shouldnt have them set, this could be causing issue.

Keith

carstensejer

Hi Keith

I'm using 2 simulators runniing 8.2 cluster mode (primary: mirrorcluster/smnode (svm) and SnapVault: vaultcluster/svnode (svm)).

Doesn't make a difference to set cluster options. Have attached logs.

How should I try without the plugin?

I have been able to make SnapManager/SnapDrive make the SnapVault update by adding "-archivebackup -archivedbackupretention daily" to SMSQL_BACKUP_OPTIONS, but shouldn't SnapCreator be able to do the SnapVault update?

-Carsten

gvilsecker

hello Carsten,

I do have the same problem on physical CDOT cluster (6 nodes, 2 nodes are dedicated to snapvault). Has your problem been resolved meanwhile? If yes I would be very interested in getting solution details.

Thank you very much

Gerhad

spinks

Hi,

Someone has opened a support case on this.  Engineering is looking into it.

If it is you, great!

If not, I suggest opening a support case so that this issue is tracked and resolved.

SnapVault and Clustered Data ONTAP 8.2 work fine as of Snap Creator 4.1.

John

Public