Subscribe
Accepted Solution

SnapManager for SQL shows no databases available during Configuration Wizard

[ Edited ]

Hi

We currently have two SQL 2014 servers in an Availability Group.

(SELECT /@/@version returns

"Microsoft SQL Server 2014 - 12.0.4213.0 (X64)
Jun 9 2015 12:06:16
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation
Enterprise Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 6.2 <X64> (Build 9200: ) (Hypervisor)")

I have SnapManager for SQL 7.1.1 installed, as well as SnapDrive 7.1.1.

I've created LUNs as per best practice (seperate LUN for master/msdb/distribution databases, user databases, user database log files, tempdb etc). I have already moved my databases to these LUNs, since we were not using SMSQL before.

During the installation, the prerequisite component install for SQL 2014 CLR Types failed. I tried installing it manually by downloading it, but got the following error message:

sqlclr.jpg

So, I believe this to not cause an issue.

After installation, and while running the configuration wizard, I'm presented with the Database Selection step. However, there are no databases displayed:

nodatabases.jpg

My LUNS are displayed as per normal. When checking the Windows Event Viewer's Application log, I see this error:

"SQL-DMO did not return local installed SQL Server instances."

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="SnapManager for SQL Server" /> 
    <EventID Qualifiers="49156">2295</EventID> 
    <Level>2</Level> 
    <Task>3</Task> 
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> 
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-03-01T14:52:46.000000000Z" /> 
    <EventRecordID>18481220</EventRecordID> 
    <Channel>Application</Channel> 
    <Computer>mysqlserver.my.domain</Computer> 
    <Security /> 
  </System>
<EventData /> 
</Event>

I'm unable to continue, and have found no reference to this error online. 

I've checked the interoperatibility matrix, which suggested I use SMSQL 7.2.1, which I have also installed, but with the same issue.

Can anyone shed some light?

Re: SnapManager for SQL shows now databases available during Configuration Wizard

Hi,

Refer KB 2024974: Error displayed during SnapManager for SQL backup: 'SQL-DMO did not return local installed SQL Server instances' (requires login)

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

Re: SnapManager for SQL shows now databases available during Configuration Wizard

Hi

I've followed the steps in the KB, but am now presented with this error:

2016-03-04_10-56-32.jpg

There are no errors in the event log to start debugging.

Hi

Please check if SQL Server Browser service is in stopped state. If so, please start the service .

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

Hi

I've started the browser service as per the KB, but get the error as per the screenshot:

"Failed to load database information"

Anyone?

Still getting this error... no clues in the event log as to why its happening.

hello,

did you run your snapmanager for sql configuration with a user with enought right on the sql database ?

the sysadmin sql role must be grant to the user running SMSQL software.

regards

My SnapManager service account:

* Is a domain account

* Is a sysadmin on the database server in question

* Was added to the Local Administrators group

It miraculously started working after I tried again. No changes were made.