Data Backup and Recovery

Snapdrive - Array bounds are invalid

monstermunch

Hi all,

I've recently migrated my LUNs for Exchange CCR from our old 2050 filers to our new 2040 filers (CCR is geoclustered so there are two filers in different locations, i.e one 2040a in the live site and one 2040 in the DR site).

As part of this migration, I upgraded Snapdrive from 6.0.1 to 6.3.  However, with 6.3 installed, SME verifications were failing and if you tried to create a disk in Snapdrive, you got an error message stating "Arrays bounds are invalid".  I had a look around and it seems that the AccessControl.xml file does not exist on either of the filers and I suspect this is causing the issue.  The event log error when you try to perform any snapdrive operation is as follows:

Event ID:      171
Failed to enumerate LUNs.
Error code : The array bounds are invalid.

Due to time pressues, I reverted back to 6.0.1 and all was well again.  However, we are running OnTap 7.3.4 and 6.0.1 is not supported so I am not really comfortable leaving it this way.  As this is CCR there are two filers involved and both exhibit the same behaviour.

System details:

Windows Server 2008 SP2 x64

OnTap 7.3.4

FAS2040a and FAS2040.

Snapdrive 6.2.1 or 6.3

Host Utils 5.3

All required hotfixes installed

SnapDrive service account has administrator access to both filers.

This does not happen with SD 6.0.1 which is why I think the fact that there is no accesscontrol.xml file may be a factor.  Does anyone think this could be the case?  If so I will see about creating one with storacl.exe but I have never used this tool and any guidance would be appreciated.  I do have the comprehensive document provided but advice is always helpful!

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

radek_kubka
4 REPLIES 4

monstermunch

Actually, it says right at the top of the supporting document that if the file does not exist, the requested operation will proceed.  So I guess that isn't the problem.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Cheers

radek_kubka

Hi,

Does this info look any helpful?

https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=2013954

Regards,

Radek

monstermunch

That certainly looks like it could be relevant.  I did the nodes one at a time so the Snapdrive versions would have been different.  I'll have a play today and see if this is the problem.

Why is it I couldn't find that when I searched the KB?!

monstermunch

Hi Radek,

That was indeed the problem, I installed the same version of SD on both nodes and there were no issues.  It was just me doing the nodes one at a time orginally that caused the problem.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Pete

Public