Data Backup and Recovery

Upgrading Exchange from 2007 on Windows Server 2003 to 2013 on Windows Server 2012

JANDREWARTHA

We currently have Exchange 2007 on Server 2003 and are going to upgrade to Exchange 2013 on Server 2012. Our filer is running ONTAP 8.1.4P1, SnapDrive is 6.4.2, Snap Manager for Exchange is 6.0.4. I'm trying to work out how to manage the SME migration, given that SME 6.5+ and SnapDrive 6.5+ don't don't support Windows 2003. I do have a SME management server running Windows 2008 so I could maybe use that, but I'm thinking it might be easier to just install SME from scratch on the new servers. Has anyone done a jump this big before?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

deepuj

Hi,

since its a big leap, even I feel its better to install from scratch. But if you are still not able to finalize on this, please open a case with the support center.

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

deepuj

Hi,

since its a big leap, even I feel its better to install from scratch. But if you are still not able to finalize on this, please open a case with the support center.

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

JANDREWARTHA

I filed a case, but support just pointed me towards the IMT. A fresh install does seem sensible, if I need to get data from the old backups I can just manually mount them and restore using SMBR.

Public