Data Backup and Recovery

What is the best way to install snapdrive to many hosts?

KHYOON123

Hi all,

Next weekend, I planed to install snapdrive to over 160 hosts.

So what is the best way to install snapdrive?

Over 160 UCS hots!

I found "remote install" in snapmanager for Hyper-v.

This is useful for me?

Please let me know easy way to install snapdrive to so many hosts.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dmauro

The current generation of SnapDrive does not support remote installing to multiple hosts.

What you saw about HyperV is simply limited to the HyperV host, so it's not remote to multiple hosts across the network.

Since SnapDrive has a command line to install, you CAN however script the remote installation.

I suggest you find out the exact installation command which works for your environment and use a program like psexec to remotely execute the installation command against multiple targeted servers.

If you need help with the script, NetApp Professional Service can be engaged and can even come on site and do it for you, if needed.

hope that helps,

Domenico

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

dmauro

The current generation of SnapDrive does not support remote installing to multiple hosts.

What you saw about HyperV is simply limited to the HyperV host, so it's not remote to multiple hosts across the network.

Since SnapDrive has a command line to install, you CAN however script the remote installation.

I suggest you find out the exact installation command which works for your environment and use a program like psexec to remotely execute the installation command against multiple targeted servers.

If you need help with the script, NetApp Professional Service can be engaged and can even come on site and do it for you, if needed.

hope that helps,

Domenico

KHYOON123

Thank you so much.

Your reply is very helpful to me.

Public