Data Backup and Recovery

What is the minimum SnapDrive version for 7.3.2

malcolmc

Hi Folks,

Can someone please let me know what is the minimum SnapDrive requirement for ONTAP 7.3.2? According to the IMT the minimum version of SnapDrive is 6.1.

This is a very big deal for some of our customers at earlier releases of SD, and hence all of the other SM and Host utilities products.

I think the fact that upgrading the storage systems also affects the hosting environment will be a surprise.

Thanks,

11 REPLIES 11

lwei

Yes, SDW 6.1 or above according to support matrix.   -Wei

malcolmc

Hi Wei,

Thanks for your quick response. Can I quote that as a response from engineering, as this is likely to be contraversial? I know what the IMT states, but I am being asked for a more definitave answer.

Rgds,

lwei

Sure. I know the support matrix is pretty up-to-date. I myself use it for this type of decisions. If you want to be absolutely sure, I think you need to ask someone working on the support matrix directly.

Regards,

Wei

satishv

It is supported with 6.0 as well.

Thanks,

~Satish

lwei

Hi Satish,

I didn't see SDW 6.0 for ONTAP 7.3.2 in the support matrix... Are you saying the support matrix is wrong?

Thanks,

Wei

satishv

The info I gave was based on the IMT.

Can you please look up the IMT again and let me know?

Thanks,

~Satish

lwei

I searched again. It's IMT v2.02. For all the SDW v6.0x entries, I still can't find 7.3.2.  Can you please give me a pointer to look for?

Thanks,

Wei

satishv

Ok. Looks like there are some issues with the IMT while updating.

I will raise a ticket to get that fixed. You can go ahead and use 7.3.2 with 6.0.x.

Thanks,

~Satish

pascalduk

Good news. Support for SD 6.0 with 7.3.2 would also save a lot of upgrade work

malcolmc

Hi Wei,

Thanks for your continuing help.

Here is what I did - Go to IMT, choose SnapDrive on the solutions. Then choose ONTAP 7.3.2, and the only solutions are ones that use SD 6.1 or later.

It is too late for me now, I was on a deadline for my 7.3.2 ONTAP recommendation, and have had to recommend the customer upgrade to SD 6.1 (and then all of the other software associated as well)

To the wider audience, I think the IMT MUST be reliable, as this is the "go to" tool for us in the field on what is supported, and what isn't.

Rgds,

lwei

Hi Malcolm,

You are welcome. I totally agree with you in tht IMT has to be reliable. Hope your customer will find SD 6.1 is actually very good, with some nice improvement.

Regards,

Wei

Public