Subscribe

What is the minimum SnapDrive version for 7.3.2

Hi Folks,

Can someone please let me know what is the minimum SnapDrive requirement for ONTAP 7.3.2? According to the IMT the minimum version of SnapDrive is 6.1.

This is a very big deal for some of our customers at earlier releases of SD, and hence all of the other SM and Host utilities products.

I think the fact that upgrading the storage systems also affects the hosting environment will be a surprise.

Thanks,

Re: What is the minimum SnapDrive version for 7.3.2

Yes, SDW 6.1 or above according to support matrix.   -Wei

Hi Wei,

Thanks for your quick response. Can I quote that as a response from engineering, as this is likely to be contraversial? I know what the IMT states, but I am being asked for a more definitave answer.

Rgds,

Sure. I know the support matrix is pretty up-to-date. I myself use it for this type of decisions. If you want to be absolutely sure, I think you need to ask someone working on the support matrix directly.

Regards,

Wei

It is supported with 6.0 as well.

Thanks,

~Satish

Hi Satish,

I didn't see SDW 6.0 for ONTAP 7.3.2 in the support matrix... Are you saying the support matrix is wrong?

Thanks,

Wei

The info I gave was based on the IMT.

Can you please look up the IMT again and let me know?

Thanks,

~Satish

I searched again. It's IMT v2.02. For all the SDW v6.0x entries, I still can't find 7.3.2.  Can you please give me a pointer to look for?

Thanks,

Wei

Ok. Looks like there are some issues with the IMT while updating.

I will raise a ticket to get that fixed. You can go ahead and use 7.3.2 with 6.0.x.

Thanks,

~Satish

Good news. Support for SD 6.0 with 7.3.2 would also save a lot of upgrade work