Subscribe

[gui-00025] Invalid vCloud Credentials!

[ Edited ]

Running SnapCreator_Framework_3.6.0-Win64 on Windows Server 2008 Standard, we are unable to successfully connect to vCloud Director 1.5 when creating a backup profile.

Within the SnapCreator GUI, we supply the vCD URL (assume https://10.10.10.10/cloud for this example) and a local system administrator name defined within vCD (assume a system administrator user in vCD called sc_backup) as sc_backup@system and its associated password. However, when we try to connect to vCD, we always receive error "[gui-00025] Invalid vCloud Credentials!". If we follow that same URL outside of the SnapCreator GUI and use account sc_backup with its password, login is successful.

From within the SnapCreator GUI, we have double (and triple checked) that we are entering the correct password for sc_backup. We have tried entering the username as sc_backup and sc_backup@system. Same result always - [gui-00025] Invalid vCloud Credentials!. What are we missing?

Re: [gui-00025] Invalid vCloud Credentials!

I am having the same issue, did you manage to find a resolution to this issue?

It is a permissions issue of some kind, hard to tell based on info and I really dont have that much experience with vcloud. I do know we need @system user and it needs to be an admin but I think the @system user is an admin.

The other thing it could be is firewall, maybe SC server is being blocked to vcloud director. Are they on same subnet? If not I would check this

I would open a support case or maybe someone else will chime in with some ideas

Regards,

Keith

Hi Keith - I'm having this same issue with snapcreator framework 3.6, trying to create a configuration using the vCD plug-in to connect to a vCloud Director 5.1.1 cell.  As in the initial post, i've tried passing the credentials muliple ways to no avail;  i've tried local system administrator account established in vCD (Administrator@system), i've tried going directly to a specific organization using the local org administrator account, etc.  It always results in [gui-000025] Invalid vCloud Credentials.  Logging in with these credentials directly through the vCD UI works correctly.  Also, i tried using the vSphere plug-in just to confirm functionality, and I can sucessfully create a configuration using the vSphere plug-in going direct to the vCenter Server that supports vCD.  I've opened a case with NetApp support, but they have no information on this issue.  Have you heard anything more about this in the months following your response?

Hello Don,

Could you please try this and let me know the result?

Example, if on a windows system where snapcreator server is installed.

C:\Program Files\NetApp\Snap_Creator_Framework\scServer4.0.0c>snapcreator.exe --pwdCrypt

Please Enter Password:

Your encrypted password is: 365a4f6c6f7157525331492d0a

Supply your vCD password in the above example, and obtain a Crypted password.

Then supply that password when try to connect to the vCD via snapcreator.

I don't have a lab gear with vCD install.

If you could test this and reply it is useful.

I will also cascade this information to the snapcreator developers.

Thanks,

Siva Ramanathan

Snapcreator Community Moderator

Hi Siva;

thanks for the reply!  The --pwdCrypt option doesn't appear to be valid with SnapCreator 3.6.

Don

Thanks Don.

Sorry about that. I missed to see that.

I will this in the lab and will let you know asap.

Thanks,
Siva Ramanathan

Is 4.0 available?  I'd be willing to upgrade if so, but I don't see it on the Downloads page.

4.0 community edition is expected to be released in 2 weeks.

https://snapcreator.netapp.com/download

Also has a version of 4.0.0c

I am reaching out to my peers to test the login issue meanwhile.

Don,

I believe that the 3.6 option is --cryptpasswd

You can run the snapcreator command by itself and it should list all of the options.

This should be one of the last ones listed.

Hope this helps.

John