Subscribe
Accepted Solution

new-sdlun

I am trying to script the end to end process of a new server build, setting up snap center, creating and connecting the default luns in windows.

Looking through the snap centre 2.0 cmdlet reference guide i have found all the commands I need and tested them separately however to create the lun it says to use new-sdlun

This doesn't appear to be part of the module that installs or any other netapp one I can find and i cannot find any more information on it, has any got any experience with this command?

New-sdvolume is there but no lun

any help appreciated 

Re: new-sdlun

HI

i guess you also imported the Snapdrive module, correct?

i'm asking to dobule check because some PS commands are not integrated with SnapCenter itself, and the new-sdlun is one of them.

This is a command that belong to Snapdrive

With the latest release, SDW can be installed as integrated mode or standalone mode. in integration mode only the intergrated commands are allowed to be executed and other commands will show a an error "This command is not supported in Snap Center plugin mode".

You can enable these commands to be working by enabling then using commandlet

Set-StandaloneCommand.

Following are the example of enabling and disabling the commands not integrated with Snap center. 

Disable Command
Set-StandaloneCommand

Enable Command
Set-StandaloneCommand -Enable

Hello,

Sorry, I did leave out that important detail that i am getting the message on the snap center server itself 

New-SdLun : This command is not supported in SnapCenter Plug-in mode

Thanks for the info relating to this, I am not able to enable the command on the snap center server

PS C:\Windows\system32> Set-StandaloneCommand
Set-StandaloneCommand : The term 'Set-StandaloneCommand' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script
file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is
correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1
+ Set-StandaloneCommand
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (Set-StandaloneCommand:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

Hi David

are you trying to do that on the plugin host or on the Snapcenter host?

anyway try to do in this way

import both modules, snapcenter and snapdrive

then open the connection with the command 

open-smconnection ..

instead the Set-StandaloneCommand use the following

set-sdsettings $true

and then

new-sdlun

let me know

[ Edited ]

Also, forgot to mention, you can use the new-sdstorage to provide LUN insted using the new-sdlun. this just to avoid all the previous mentioned steps and keep your script more tidy

regards

new sd-storage is exactly what I needed - thank you!