Data Backup and Recovery

rebalance over-loaded luns between aggregates

netappmagic

I have a few aggrs, one with only one volume and a number of luns is extremely over load, and the other aggrs are not so much loaded. I wanted to move some of luns from the busy aggr to the other. What is the best steps/commands to do that? Does that require luns to be disruppted? I don't have two many space left, so, don't have too much free room to play. Thanks for your advices!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vims

netappmagic wrote:

vims,

Here is my quesitons about using snapmirror. I only want to migrate some luns in a volume. As I understand, snapmirror only can copy entire volume not luns. Do you mean that I have to copy the entire volume first, then map only luns I need?

Also, as I understand, I still need to resync in last step while the lun is un-accessable, so, during this short time, there would be still a short downtime, is not it? even though

1. Yes it is correct. You can delete luns you do not need later on and use luns of your choice. 

2. yes - resync is the vital step. I did it in MS SQL environment, stopped SQL server first - resync - reconnect

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Public