Data Backup and Recovery

snapmirror error 13102

TDUBB1234

I keep getting a snapmirror error or 13102.

cannot connect to source filer. any idea?

13 REPLIES 13

mike_burris

How/what is the network setup between the two systems?  Is there a firewall between them?  If so, are the required ports open?  Found this article: https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=1011333  Something else to check, has snapmirror.access been setup on each system so they can talk to each other?

TDUBB1234

bnot sure what happened. it seems to be working now. but I am trying to setup a ms cluster across sites so I have snapmirror from source vol to destination vol. when i failover the ms cluster resource from source to destination, the destination drive remains as eadable only and not writable. what do I have to do to make that writable?

mike_burris

You'll have to break the SnapMirror (or clone the destination possibly).  If this is a SnapManager program, which should be utilizing SnapDrive, SnapDrive should be able to break the mirror from what I've glimpsed over documentation wise...

SUDHEER_H21

This is the procedure if you want to make the snapmirror destination volume writable:

1. Verify the status of the snapmirrors

Source> snapmirror status (if possible)

Dest> snapmirror status

2. Finish writes to fas1_vol1

Dest> snapmirror quiesce source_vol1

3. Break volume fas1_vol1 from the snapmirror relationship

FAS2> snapmirror break source_vol1

For QSM:

1. Verify the status of the snapmirrors. SnapMirror must be on.

Dest> snapmirror status

2. Finishes any write activity and then disables further updates

Dest> snapmirror quiesce /vol/vol0/mymirror

3. Break the snapmirror relationship

Dest> snapmirror break Dest:/vol/vol0/mymirror

After using the snapmirror break command to temporarily break a SnapMirror relationship between a source and destination, you can use other SnapMirror commands to either make the break permanent, or restore or redefine the SnapMirror relationship.

• Use the snapmirror release command to make the break permanent.

• Use the snapmirror resync command to restore or redefine the SnapMirror relationship.

TDUBB1234

ok now i broke the mirror, destination drive is writable. but a reverse resync gives another error.

SnapMirror transfer request from lun_19Jun2012_175417_vol_SnapMirror_20Jun2012_074939 to host eq-ntap2 at IP address 10.51.1.11 denied: check options snapmirror.access.

scottgelb

you need snapmirror.access set on both sides... so both systems need to allow each other

TDUBB1234

ok I added

on both filers

options snapmirror.access host=remotehost1

options snapmiorror.access host=remotehost2

it seems to work. but after the successful resync. the volume was still only in read mode. I had to do a manual mscs failover to the other site node and a failback before the volume shows as writable.

why is that? I am not using snapdrive

scottgelb

After any resync you have to break to make writable. Then do the sync the other way after again

Sent from my iPhone 4S

TDUBB1234

how can i delete old snapmirrors in unknown state. the destination and source volumes are already deleted. when i try to delete them i get the error

==ERROR==

com.netapp.sysmgr.client.api.NaApiFailureException

==TIME==

2012-06-20 17:29:14,857

==MESSAGE==

No volume named 'mscluster_rw_vol' exists (Error: 13040)

==DETAILS==

No details are available.

==CORRECTIVE ACTION==

No suggested corrective action is available.

==LOCATION==

Location is not specified.

==BROWSER INFO==

App Name: Microsoft Internet Explorer

App Version: 5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; MS-RTC LM 8; .NET4.0E; MS-RTC EA 2)

App Codename: Mozilla

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; MS-RTC LM 8; .NET4.0E; MS-RTC EA 2)

Platform: Win32

Cookie Enabled: true

scottgelb

Check for old snapshots (delete or snapmirror release) and unused snapmirror.conf entries and they will clear

Sent from my iPhone 4S

SUDHEER_H21

To release partners from a snapmirror relationship, do:   snapmirror release vol1 dest::vol2

On the destination, do :   snapmirror break

On the destination, do:   snapmirror status -l to find out which snapshot copy basename is associated with the SnapMirror relationship that you just broke.

On the destination, do:   snap delete dest_vol snapshot_basename to delete the Snapshot copy set that you displayed in the previous step.

Finally, edit the /etc/snapmirror.conf file on the destination system. Locate and delete the entry that specifies the SnapMirror relationship you want to end.

TDUBB1234

the source and destination volumes do not exist anymore. but I am still seeing the snapmirror relationships under snapmirror.

when i try to release or break them

i get these

rw-ntap2> snapmirror break -f rw-ntap2:mscluster_eq_vol_SnapMirror                          

snapmirror break:  mscluster_eq_vol_SnapMirror: destination is offline, is restricted, or does not exist

rw-ntap2> snapmirror break -f mscluster_eq_vol_SnapMirror         

snapmirror break:  mscluster_eq_vol_SnapMirror: destination is offline, is restricted, or does not exist

rw-ntap2> snapmirror release eq-ntap2:mscluster_eq_vol rw-ntap2:mscluster_eq_vol_SnapMirror

snapmirror release: eq-ntap2:mscluster_eq_vol, rw-ntap2:mscluster_eq_vol_SnapMirror: argument must be a volume name or a qtree path

scottgelb

If no volume and no snapmirror.conf entries. Then possibly a registry entry and a case should be opened to check and remediate if that issue.

Public