Subscribe

snapmirror error 13102

I keep getting a snapmirror error or 13102.

cannot connect to source filer. any idea?

Re: snapmirror error 13102

How/what is the network setup between the two systems?  Is there a firewall between them?  If so, are the required ports open?  Found this article: https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=1011333  Something else to check, has snapmirror.access been setup on each system so they can talk to each other?

bnot sure what happened. it seems to be working now. but I am trying to setup a ms cluster across sites so I have snapmirror from source vol to destination vol. when i failover the ms cluster resource from source to destination, the destination drive remains as eadable only and not writable. what do I have to do to make that writable?

You'll have to break the SnapMirror (or clone the destination possibly).  If this is a SnapManager program, which should be utilizing SnapDrive, SnapDrive should be able to break the mirror from what I've glimpsed over documentation wise...

This is the procedure if you want to make the snapmirror destination volume writable:

1. Verify the status of the snapmirrors

Source> snapmirror status (if possible)

Dest> snapmirror status

2. Finish writes to fas1_vol1

Dest> snapmirror quiesce source_vol1

3. Break volume fas1_vol1 from the snapmirror relationship

FAS2> snapmirror break source_vol1

For QSM:

1. Verify the status of the snapmirrors. SnapMirror must be on.

Dest> snapmirror status

2. Finishes any write activity and then disables further updates

Dest> snapmirror quiesce /vol/vol0/mymirror

3. Break the snapmirror relationship

Dest> snapmirror break Dest:/vol/vol0/mymirror

After using the snapmirror break command to temporarily break a SnapMirror relationship between a source and destination, you can use other SnapMirror commands to either make the break permanent, or restore or redefine the SnapMirror relationship.

• Use the snapmirror release command to make the break permanent.

• Use the snapmirror resync command to restore or redefine the SnapMirror relationship.

ok now i broke the mirror, destination drive is writable. but a reverse resync gives another error.

SnapMirror transfer request from lun_19Jun2012_175417_vol_SnapMirror_20Jun2012_074939 to host eq-ntap2 at IP address 10.51.1.11 denied: check options snapmirror.access.

you need snapmirror.access set on both sides... so both systems need to allow each other

ok I added

on both filers

options snapmirror.access host=remotehost1

options snapmiorror.access host=remotehost2

it seems to work. but after the successful resync. the volume was still only in read mode. I had to do a manual mscs failover to the other site node and a failback before the volume shows as writable.

why is that? I am not using snapdrive

After any resync you have to break to make writable. Then do the sync the other way after again

Sent from my iPhone 4S

how can i delete old snapmirrors in unknown state. the destination and source volumes are already deleted. when i try to delete them i get the error

==ERROR==

com.netapp.sysmgr.client.api.NaApiFailureException

==TIME==

2012-06-20 17:29:14,857

==MESSAGE==

No volume named 'mscluster_rw_vol' exists (Error: 13040)

==DETAILS==

No details are available.

==CORRECTIVE ACTION==

No suggested corrective action is available.

==LOCATION==

Location is not specified.

==BROWSER INFO==

App Name: Microsoft Internet Explorer

App Version: 5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; MS-RTC LM 8; .NET4.0E; MS-RTC EA 2)

App Codename: Mozilla

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; MS-RTC LM 8; .NET4.0E; MS-RTC EA 2)

Platform: Win32

Cookie Enabled: true