Subscribe

Re: snapmirror error 13102

Check for old snapshots (delete or snapmirror release) and unused snapmirror.conf entries and they will clear

Sent from my iPhone 4S

To release partners from a snapmirror relationship, do:   snapmirror release vol1 dest::vol2

On the destination, do :   snapmirror break

On the destination, do:   snapmirror status -l to find out which snapshot copy basename is associated with the SnapMirror relationship that you just broke.

On the destination, do:   snap delete dest_vol snapshot_basename to delete the Snapshot copy set that you displayed in the previous step.

Finally, edit the /etc/snapmirror.conf file on the destination system. Locate and delete the entry that specifies the SnapMirror relationship you want to end.

the source and destination volumes do not exist anymore. but I am still seeing the snapmirror relationships under snapmirror.

when i try to release or break them

i get these

rw-ntap2> snapmirror break -f rw-ntap2:mscluster_eq_vol_SnapMirror                          

snapmirror break:  mscluster_eq_vol_SnapMirror: destination is offline, is restricted, or does not exist

rw-ntap2> snapmirror break -f mscluster_eq_vol_SnapMirror         

snapmirror break:  mscluster_eq_vol_SnapMirror: destination is offline, is restricted, or does not exist

rw-ntap2> snapmirror release eq-ntap2:mscluster_eq_vol rw-ntap2:mscluster_eq_vol_SnapMirror

snapmirror release: eq-ntap2:mscluster_eq_vol, rw-ntap2:mscluster_eq_vol_SnapMirror: argument must be a volume name or a qtree path

If no volume and no snapmirror.conf entries. Then possibly a registry entry and a case should be opened to check and remediate if that issue.