Getting Started with NetApp Community

by Community Manager ‎2015-03-18 10:31 AM - edited ‎2015-04-10 07:34 AM

Welcome to the NetApp Community! In this guide you will learn how to get started with your new profile. You’ll find information on everything from logging in and creating your account, to personalizing your profile. If you have more questions, please post your question in the Community Related Discussions.

How do I register?

Registering for the Community only take a few minutes.

If you are a current NetApp Employee or already have a NetApp SSO account, just click Login at the top of any page.

Click Register at the top of any page.

1. Enter all of the required information within the fields provided.
  2. You’ll be asked to confirm you email address before you are able to complete registration.
  3. Once you’ve registered for an account and returned to the NetApp Community for the first time after logging in, you will be asked to choose a display name. This name will only be used on the Community and will not affect your login information.

Note: You must have cookies enabled in your browser to register and to sign in the community. Employees do not need to register, only sign in with their NetApp ID.

How do I sign in?

After you've registered and confirmed your registration, you can sign in and start participating within the Community!

1. Click Login at the top of any page.
  2. Enter your Username and Password.
  3. Click Sign In.

How do I personalize my profile?

To change your Avatar (image):

1. Click on your username in the upper right corner and go to your profile
  2. Go to Settings then the Avatars tab.
  3. Choose from the collections of avatars or upload an image from your computer.

To change viewing preferences for responses within discussions: By default responses within discussions are shown in chronological order. To have the latest responses in discussions displayed first, change the following settings in your preferences.

1. Click on your username in the upper right corner.
  2. Go to Settings then the Preferences tab.
  3. Choose the Linear Layout option.
  4. Click on Newest First then Save your changes.

To change when or how often you are sent notifications:

2. Go to Settings then the Subscriptions & Notifications tab.
  3. Make necessary changes based on your preference then be sure to click save at the bottom.

How do I tell other Community members about me?

2. Go to Settings then the Personal Profile tab.
  3. Choose Personal Information and fill out as much or as little as you’d like.
  4. Save your changes at the bottom.
  5. Then go to the Preferences tab and click on Privacy to choose how private information is displayed. By default all personal information is hidden.

Note: If you choose to show private information, it will include your first and last name on your profile.

PersonalInfo.PNG

To manage privacy settings:

2. Go to Preferences tab and choose the Privacy option.
  3. Choose the settings you would like for your profile.

Note: If you choose to show private information, it will include your first and last name on you profile.

Privacy Setting.PNG

Warning!

This NetApp Community is public and open website that is indexed by search engines such as Google. Participation in the NetApp Community is voluntary. All content posted on the NetApp Community is publicly viewable and available. This includes the rich text editor which is not encrypted for https.

In accordance to our Code of Conduct and Community Terms of Use DO NOT post or attach the following:

• Software files (compressed or uncompressed)
  • Files that require an End User License Agreement (EULA)
  • Confidential information
  • Personal data you do not want publicly available
  • Another’s personally identifiable information
  • Copyrighted materials without the permission of the copyright owner

Files and content that do not abide by the Community Terms of Use or Code of Conduct will be removed. Continued non-compliance may result in NetApp Community account restrictions or termination.