ONTAP Discussions

8.2RC1 C-Mode dosn't work on ESX 5.1U1

sraudonis

Hello,

i installaed the current 8.2RC1 C-Mode Simulator on my ESX host, but the VM's stopps working after a while. This time i got this error messages in the vmware.log of the VM:

MONITOR PANIC: vcpu-1:NOT_IMPLEMENTED devices/vide/iovmk/videVMK-vmkio.c:1492

Core dump with build build-1117900

VMware ESX unrecoverable error: (vcpu-1)

At the last times the VM dosn't panic, i got a text inside the console secreen, something with LBA:123456 and then the VM freezes, it can be only stopped by killing the task on the service console on the esx host.

Is there something i can do?

Kind regsrds

Stefan

7 REPLIES 7

sraudonis

Now i installed the release of 8.2 and got the same issue:

MONITOR PANIC: vcpu-0:NOT_IMPLEMENTED devices/vide/iovmk/videVMK-vmkio.c:1492

I have done nothing, i zeroed the disks and started the configuration wizzard, after selecting to use the defaults for the cluster network i take a longer phone call, when i came back the VM was crashed...

brauntisc

Hi

Do you have get a Solution for this Problem?

TIA

Thomas

dburkland

If not try importing the VM into your vSphere environment using the VMware Converter.

brauntisc

Thanks for your answer. Our Problem is, that the VM is running. This mean we have execute the step explained in the KB Article(vmkload_mod multiextend, Storage Vmotion etc).

We work the hold day with this VM and every Night following error Occurs (MONITOR PANIC: vcpu-1:NOT_IMPLEMENTED devices/vide/iovmk/videVMK-vmkio.c:1492). The VM freeze and We have to

reboot the ESXi Server, because The VM doesnt respond to any action (Power off, Shutdown guest). We have the same situation in two separated Environments (2 different vcenters Servers) with Simulator 8.1.4 7-Mode and 8.2 C-Mode..

Our Environment:

vcenter Server 5.5

esxi ESX 5.1.0 1157734

regards

Thomas

rkunkelrvbd

Stefan,

You are missing some steps before you can boot the NetApp Simulator. Search the web. The VMDK files are in the wrong format for VMware. There is a long process to get this sim working.

Some of the steps you need are below. 

Not my work, copied from other places:

# vmkload_mod multiextent

Disk changes made:

/vsim_esx-7m # vmkfstools -i DataONTAP-sim.vmdk DataONTAP-new-sim.vmdk -d thin

Destination disk format: VMFS thin-provisioned
Cloning disk 'DataONTAP-sim.vmdk'...
Clone: 100% done.

/vsim_esx-7m # mv DataONTAP-sim.vmdk DataONTAP-sim-old.vmdk

/vsim_esx-7m # mv DataONTAP-new-sim.vmdk DataONTAP-sim.vmdk

vsim_esx-7m # vmkload_mod -u multiextent

Module multiextent successfully unloaded

VM powering up!

sraudonis

Hello,

a log time i made nothing and a few days ago i tested it again. Finaly i use now the current ESXi 5.5 and the cDOT Simulator 8.2 now it works...

But one thing is different, currently i didn't unload the multiextent module after converting the VMDK.

Kind regards

Stefan

brauntisc

Hi

The same Here: ESXi5.5 and Simulator 8.2 (cDOT/7mode) seems to works now (multiextent unloaded after converting)...

regards

Thomas

Public