ONTAP Discussions

Adding a TDP volume once cutover into an existing SVM-DR relationship

JGPSHNTAP

To All -

I'm just curious how others are solving this problem.  Prestaging a new SVM-DR.  Migrating a TDP Volume into the primary online SVM, breaking it, so now the volume is r/w on primary.

The SVM-DR relationship will not pick up the new volume, even with a break and resync.

What is the proper workflow to set this up?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sgrant

Hi, sounds like you need to include the volume into the VSM DR protection using the volume modify -vserver-dr-protection protected command on the source.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Grant.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

sgrant

Hi, sounds like you need to include the volume into the VSM DR protection using the volume modify -vserver-dr-protection protected command on the source.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Grant.

JGPSHNTAP

Yeah, i did that, but I'm still having some issues where it's giving me the following error.

"Failed to apply the source Vserver configuration. Reason: Apply failed for Object: root_direct_mounts Method: baseline. Reason: Failed to create or determine if a junction exists within volume "vserver_root". Error occurred with the remaining junction path of "/vol/uhome01" for the given path of "/vol/uhome01"  Reason: Junction create failed (2)"

wierd to me.. b/c I can access the primary volume

Public