ONTAP Discussions

Asking for procedure of Netapp FAS2552 factory reset

iamppll

Hi All

Here we have a netapp FAS2552, would like to factory reset it and re-configure everything (all except zero the aggregate again since it is time consuming ; If it is needed, then it is okay)

Is there any procedure to do so?

I am not sure the labels as required by netapp is right. I just know it is dataontap. 

Thanks

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

paulstringfellow

hi Andy,

what are you trying to do?

there are a couple of ways to reconfigure a filer, can be as simple as just rerun setup and the commnad line, down to using full factory reset type commands from outside of OnTap.

maybe, if you could let us know what you are tyring to reconfigure, can maybe offer some suggestions.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

paulstringfellow

hi Andy,

what are you trying to do?

there are a couple of ways to reconfigure a filer, can be as simple as just rerun setup and the commnad line, down to using full factory reset type commands from outside of OnTap.

maybe, if you could let us know what you are tyring to reconfigure, can maybe offer some suggestions.

iamppll

HI Paul

Thaks for your help. Case can be closed.

Many thanks.

Andy

KBALA

Can someone help me with procedure to reconfigure netapp fas2552 running Rekease 8.2RC2 Cluster-Mode please? I need to move the filer to a different location.

paulstringfellow

Hi,

if you have a look at the thread in these messages does that help?

go back to the original question - when you say reconfigure, what are you trying to do?

Public